Join our dynamic team at Humber Trust as a catering Dietitian leader in an exciting new role! As a key player in Catering Dietitian leadership role, you'll transform supporting and implementation the new National Standards for Healthcare Food and Drink, including digital menus and a Food and Drink Strategy within the Trust. Enjoy enticing incentives that can be found on our website, while collaborating with our extensive Allied Health Professions network and Facilities and Estates.
You will be based at Mary Seacole Building, Willerby Hill, in the East Riding of Yorkshire, but the role is Trust wide, including hospital sites in Hull, East and North Yorkshire. Giving you the chance to drive across the beautiful countryside, (pool cars are available), as well as using a blended approach to office and home working. Come enhance patient nutritional requirements and be part of this journey.Main duties of the job
The Lead Food Services Dietitian will be the main interface between catering, clinical services and other key stakeholders, and will support the development, analysis and coding of menus. The post holder will also advise and train catering staff with regards to specialist therapeutic diets. They will promote working with the wider dietetic profession including students, acting as an educator, expert catering dietitian, and source of support to other Health Professionals. They will work with catering leads to identify any weaknesses in the food chain that may impact on the service provision to patients and support the development of policies and procedures. You will have professional support from the wider dietetic team and be involved in student training of all placements.About us
We are an award winning and CQC rated good health and social care Trust delivering integrated services across Hull, East and North Yorkshire. Find out more on our website
We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to staff development. We value our colleagues and invest in them to ensure they have the right skills to deliver outstanding care.
We are proud to score above or equal to the average for all NHS People Promise theme areas demonstrating our commitment to improve the experience of working in the NHS for everyone. Wherever you work we know you will receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need to get you started.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and promotes equality whilst challenging discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Work life balance is about having influence and flexibility over when, where and how you work. If the work pattern for this role does not meet your needs, we welcome an application and are happy to discuss working arrangements that differ from those advertised.
We offer a unique range of benefits that go above and beyond other NHS Trusts including an enhanced leave package and health and wellbeing support.
From city to countryside, market towns to moors you'll find a place to call home including some of the most affordable places to live in the UK.
Find out more and search live jobs.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information regarding this post please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Honours Degree or equivalent in Nutrition and Dietetics approved by the BDA/Health Professions Council.
- Health Professions Council Registered Dietitian.
- Master of Science degree (MSc) in or equivalent qualification or post graduate certificate in Food Service/Catering or equivalent, plus experience to Masters level.
- Member of relevant specialist group e.g., BDA Special Interest Group
- An understanding of relevant National legislation, directives, and guidance.
- Advanced clinical knowledge relevant to the care environment and evidence of evidence-based practice in relevant health setting.
- Knowledge of relevant National policies and guidance relevant to food service.
- Experience of nutritional analysis software.
- Experience of delivering patient and staff education.
Skills and CompetenciesEssential
- Experience of taking part in or leading an audit or research project.
- Experience of supervision both as supervise and supervisor
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to carry out accurate keyboard / IT skills including Word processing, email, PowerPoint, internet, and dietary analysis.
- Ability to teach and train others using a variety of complex multimedia materials suitable for presentations within public, professional and academic settings
- Skills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Mary Seacole Building
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.