An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Wrightington Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. This is a busy and varied role, requiring specialist knowledge in the area of NHS Trust Security and Car Park Management.
The Trust operates from four main sites, Royal Albert Edward Infirmary. Leigh Infirmary, Wrightington Hospital and Thomas Linacre Centre Out-Patients along with many other community based premises.
Ensure the safety, security and well-being of patients, staff, and visitors in particular and the organisation in general, for all Trust and Community properties occupied by Trust staff.To identify, develop, implement and monitor security issues and car parking educational needs.
Ensure that Security Services (including ID Access Control) are delivered in a manner that is compliant and fulfils the Trusts requirements.
To represent the Trust in a number of multi-agency initiatives, designed and intended to reduce the reality and fear of crime in the workplace, improve travel co-ordination and deliver better car parking facilities.
Ensure that Car Parking Services are delivered. Evidence of qualifications will be required at interview and during the onboarding process.Main duties of the job
About usChoose Well - Choose WWL
- Devise and develop innovative crime prevention/crime reduction initiatives.
- Plan, prepare, produce and regularly revise existing and new Security Management Policies and procedures to ensure that they are up to date and comply with current guidance, local needs and nationally agreed principles.
- Produce complex briefing papers and analytical data for dissemination through the quarterly Trust security meetings.
- Liaise, on a weekly basis with the local police and engage in a cross feed of mutually beneficial information in accordance with the principles of the letter of understanding agreement between NHSP, ACPO and CPS.
- Attend several multi agency crime reduction meetings as the Trust representative and disseminate the relevant findings and recommendations from the panels back to the Trust.
- In conjunction with the Head of Operational Estates / Senior Capital Projects Manager, liaise with contractors for the supply of guarding provision and technological innovation and being focused on the value for money considerations.
- Produce a current security progress report for inclusion in the quarterly Occupational Health & Safety Group meeting agenda.
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust are the proud providers of acute hospital and community services to the people of the Wigan Borough and surrounding areas. At WWL, we value our staff believing that 'happy staff, makes for happy patients'. We have a recognised track record in staff engagement, and living our values 'the WWL Way'.
WWL are committed to placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, and in the provision of safe, effective care that acknowledges and ensures dignity. With this in mind we are seeking to recruit people who share our values and beliefs.
Please note that senior positions (AFC band 8A or above) may be expected to participate in an on-call rota, if the role is predominantly operational.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Devise, develop and implement car-parking policies for all the Trust sites and regularly review their effectiveness.
- Attend a variety of car parking related meetings with staff side representatives to determine the way forward and field any questions, concerns and complaints that may generate.
- Liaise with local authority for an improved condition to the leased car parking provision at Water Street and for the supply of additional car park passes.
- Represent the Trust at the NHS Northern Car Parking and Travel Forum.
- Attend the Car Parking Management Forum and other events relevant to the Car Parking service provided by the Trust.
- Identifying practical solutions to car parking challenges faced on site and be involved in the design of such solutions.
- Be actively involved in the design and implementation of the Car Parking Policy.
- To manage exemptions and concessions in relation to car parking for patients, staff and visitors on site.
- To liaise with departments regarding concessions and exemptions to ensure the system is being implemented correctly.
- Liaise with outside agencies to represent the Trust in matters of mutual concern.
- To maximise income generation from car parking across sites ensuring that income targets are met.
- To manage and provide leadership to the car parking team.
- Ensure Parking Charge Notices are issued in line with Car Parking Policy.
- Undertake the duties of a Security Management Specialist in accordance with Secretary of State Directions to health bodies on measures to tackle violence and general security management measures, and any subsequent advice or guidance issued by the NHS Protect.
- Ensure strong links are built with the NHS Protect and in particular with the other Security Management Specialists and Counter Fraud Specialists.
- Lead in the Trust on methods to tackle violence against staff and professionals in accordance with the NHS Protect national framework and guidance.
- Create and manage a database so that incidents/policy breaches can be analysed, offenders are identified, and the appropriate remedial action taken both in the Acute and the Community sites.
- Prepare and submit an annual audit report of events, incidents and counter measures to the NHS Protect for the previous twelve months pre-empted by an annual strategy for the implementation of security initiatives for the forthcoming year on behalf of the Trust.
- Develop and nurture a close working relationship with the Trusts trainer for Conflict Resolution and promote the training schedules.
- Devise and develop a Security lecture pack for the Trusts induction and mandatory training programme.
- Work as lead specialist in own area advising the Deputy Director of Estates & Facilities / Head of Capital of required actions.
- Develop loss, risk reduction and management programmes throughout the Trust thereby enabling the delivery of the corporate Risk Management Strategy.
- Keeping the Board informed with regard to progress and problems relating to security, and car parking issues, through Security and Car Parking Committees.
- Devise, develop, implement and monitor long-term security strategies for the Trust and, which incorporate prioritised contingency plans in case of emergency or major incidents.
- Educated to at least degree level in an appropriate security role related subject.
- A master's degree or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Membership of IOSH in Health and Safety.
- SIA licence holder.
- Demonstratable experience in people guarding management, car parking requirements and interview skills.
- Proven experience in Investigations and File preparations
- A proven track record in Crime Prevention/Crime reduction.
- Proven track record in People Management skills and employment legislation.
- Ability to produce investigation reports.
- Demonstrable experience of non-clinical risk management activity.
- Experience of security factors in health care premises.
- Experience in lecturing and public speaking.
- NHS related experience.
- Member of an accredited security body/association.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Proven leadership qualities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Team forming and team working abilities.
- IT skills.
- Experience in statistical analysis and interpretation.
- Full understanding of the Risk Assessment Process and implications.
- ECDL achievement.
- Planning abilities particularly in Major Incident Field.
- Experience of working with Safeguarding Incident reporting and less restrictive practise interventions.
- A firm understanding of NHS politics in relation to the adaptation and interpretation of mandatory statistical returns.
- Extensive knowledge of Criminal Law, its implications and applications.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Enthusiasm, dedication to task and commitment to purpose.
- Ability to travel across Trust sites.
- On-call commitment essential to the role.
- Physical fitness and ability to work in many and varied environments.
- Ability to manage change.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Resourceful and imaginative.
- Willingness to travel to attend further training.
Wrightington Wigan & Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Albert Edward Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.