We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mental Health Practitioner to join our Hereford City Neighbourhood Mental Health Team (NMHT) working with those with serious mental health conditions. The NMHTs are at the forefront of providing accessible care, integrating both primary and secondary mental health services, in line with NHS long-term objectives.
The opportunity on offer is to work within our multi-disciplinary team which includes our voluntary sector partners. We work with our two Primary Care Networks with the aim of providing a holistic, recovery-focused service.
Come and join our team, we pride ourselves in providing outstanding care to patients. We will provide you with resources to develop and progress a long-term career including flexibility, continual professional development a wide range of wellbeing and support.
We will consider less hours for the right candidate with a minimum of 22.5 hours.Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide a range of mental health assessments for people who are experiencing common, acute, severe and enduring mental health conditions, including risk assessment, providing evidence based intervention. Utilising personal autonomy and working with the MDT.
Working with a range of agencies internally and externally, signposting to appropriate sources of support providing short to long-term interventions to support recovery. Provide guidance and support to the carers of patients accessing the services.
Manage a blended caseload, attending meetings, and provide duty cover. To be able to travel throughout the county as required. To supervise junior staff and students. The ability to be flexible and organised is essential.About us
At Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, we are working together to deliver outstanding care. We run community hospitals and community health services across Worcestershire and provide mental health and learning disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Our people (all 4500+ of them) provide services for people of all ages, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions from over 100 sites.
We will support you to thrive offer flexible working options for a great work-life balance, help you fulfil your ambitions, and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. Its why we were named Large Apprenticeship Employer of the Year award at the 2022 Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, cultures, and ethnicities.What we offer
- 27 days leave plus bank holidays, increasing up to 33 days with long service
- Generous NHS pension and enhanced pay when you work unsocial hours
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- Great maternity, paternity, and adoption support
- Wide range of staff networks such as LGBT+ and ENRICH (Equality Network for Race Inclusion and Cultural Heritage)
- Health service discounts and online benefits including excellent cycle to work and car salary sacrifice schemes
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
If you would like to know more, please visit our careers website.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To provide assessment and treatment of working aged adults with mental health problems, ranging from a primary to a secondary level of need
- To work with internal and external agencies
- To travel around Herefordshire providing support in a variety of clinical settings, as well as in patients own homes
- To manage a caseload and the associated paperwork requirements
- To attend meetings required by the service
- To work according to Trust values, policies and procedures
- To provide duty cover for the team on a rotational basis
- To provide support to carers
- To supervise junior staff and students
- To undertake extra duties as required, depending on the needs of the service
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationAdditional CriteriaEssential
- Will be required to complete breakaway / de-escalation training
- To participate in regular locality duty system if required
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the post
- Experience of working in a Mental Health setting
- Assessment of people presenting with mental health problems
- Assessment and management of clinical risk
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Managing own case load
- Working in a primary care or secondary care setting
- Working in collaboration with VCSE service
- Experience of Care Coordination
- Training/developing staff and / or patients
- Experience of delivering evidence based psychosocial interventions
- Relevant professional qualification relating to Health or Social Care e.g. in social work, nursing, OT with current professional registration
- RMN, BSc/DipSW, BSc OT
- Recent evidence of continuing professional development
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Knowledge of principles of assessment and treatment of people with mental health problems
- Knowledge of principles of risk assessment and management
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 and Mental Capacity Act 2006 and other relevant legislation
- A positive attitude and able to act on feedback
- Ability to praise and be supportive to others
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats
- Mental health assessment skills
- Care planning
- Delivery of evidence based interventions in mental health
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Skilled in the provision of clinical supervision to both peers and junior members of staff
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.