An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioner to join our team on the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit as North Bristol Trust.
The successful candidate will be joining an established team of ANNP's working within a standalone ANNP rota that supports the medical workforce whilst stepping in to support nursing roles when the need arises.
Southmead NICU is a Level 3 unit providing a centre of excellence for babies requiring medical treatment from 22 weeks gestation.
Our unit has 34 cots, comprising of 8 ITU ,8 HDU and 18 SC, with an additional 8 cots on our Transitional Care Ward.
If you are enthusiastic, forward-thinking and hard working with a passion to provide high quality care to babies and their families we would welcome your application.Main duties of the job
- Working as part of the neonatal team on the neonatal unit and postnatal wards
- Performing practical procedures and septic screens on infants from the postnatal ward and infants admitted to the neonatal intensive care unit, subject to appropriate training and experience
- Attending deliveries, subject to training and relevant resuscitation accreditation
- Maintaining timely and appropriate documentation
- Supporting and contributing to timely discharge planning - to include completing discharge paperwork (Badger discharge summaries and referrals to relevant specialist teams)
- Performing NIPE examinations
- Having, developing and maintaining specialist medical knowledge appropriate to the role through relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD)/Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Contributing to achieving and maintaining outstanding performance in the team / organisation
- Leveraging a nursing background, the post holder will continue to develop the core elements of advanced practice, covering the four pillars mapped by Heath Education England (HEE) Advance practice framework.
North Bristol NHS Trust employs over 12,000 staff providing healthcare to the residents of Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset from our award-winning hospital building at Southmead. We are the regional Major Trauma Centre, and an internationally recognised centre of excellence in a range of services and major specialities. Our vision is that by enabling our teams to be the best that they can be, we will provide exceptional healthcare, personally delivered.
North Bristol NHS Trust values all people as individuals. We aim to be an anti-discriminatory organisation and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We welcome applicants from all underrepresented groups.
Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, our Trust is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (such as Portishead or Chepstow.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details outlining the roles and responsibilities of the Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioner role, please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationEducation/Training/QualificationsEssential
- Degree/Masters in Advanced Nursing/Neonatal Studies
- Teaching and assessing course (ENB 998/7/FLAP/SSiP)
- Accredited Neonatal Course (ENB 405/QIS)
- Independent / Supplementary Course in Prescribing
- Neonatal Life Support course
- Safeguarding children training - level 3
- Management/leadership qualification
- Clinical experience as a practicing ANNP in NHS
- Commitment to staff development
- Experience of taking a lead role in change management
- Self-motivated, ability to motivate others
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Involvement in research and/or audit
North Bristol NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.