A new and exciting opportunity has arisen to join the paediatric respiratory team at Frimley Health.
The role will primarily be to care for our patients and their families with cystic fibrosis. The respiratory team is a growing team of enthusiastic and dynamic nurses. If you enjoy looking after children with CF and would like to join the team we would love to hear from you.
Our respiratory team is going from strength to strength, working together to transform the way we deliver care to our children and young people living with Cystic Fibrosis. With the support of the current MDT, you will be bringing your ideas to help us to be as accessible as possible to our patients.
We will support your development when you join our team which will be led by a cross site Lead in Respiratory. You will be based at Frimley Park Hospital, but part of a wider nursing team which gives greater opportunities to learn and develop.Main duties of the job
- To provide professional, high quality co- ordinated patient care to children & their families, aiming to improve the management of their long-term condition, within agreed protocols and allocated resources together with the tertiary Centre's, clinical lead, respiratory nurse specialist and colleagues.
- To review all children and young people admitted to hospital with a diagnosis of CF, with the aim for early discharge so that the patient can be managed in their own home and reduce the likelihood of readmissions.
- To provide appropriate information, education, advice and support particularly to the patients and parents, as well as the multidisciplinary team.
- To be a sound clinical resource that provides clinical advice and judgement to patients and their families, along with the clinical team, both in and out of hospital.
- To assist the respiratory nurse specialist to monitor and audit the respiratory service against agreed Key Performance Indicators and outcomes.
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital services for around 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We have three main hospitals - Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough.
Our three core values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other, Committed to Excellence, Working Together and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical and nursing personnel working alongside the hospital's NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialtiesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will work in a multi-disciplinary team and will be expected to liaise appropriately with the Respiratory Nurse Specialist, Hospital based Paediatric and Emergency Department Consultants, both hospital-based nurses and community nurses.
They will take a key role in the transition of teenagers into adult CF based services. The post holder will co-ordinate and run clinics from a variety of venues and undertake home and school visits. Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for further role information and the full list of responsibilities.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Sick Children's Nurse (NMC Sub -Part 1 (Children) /RN Child
- First degree in nursing, or demonstrable experience at this leve
- Relevant specialist post basic programme in paediatric respiratory and management
- Diploma in Cystic Fibrosis care / Relevant community nursing qualification
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience in managing paediatric respiratory patients in the hospital / community setting
- Experience of formal / informal teaching of patients & staff
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Participating in nurse delivered clinics
- Previous community nursing experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced clinical assessment skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- IT Skills
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Frimley Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.