Hampshire CAMHS have recently secured additional investment to enhance and expand our current services and to develop new services. Family and Systemic Psychotherapy is an integral part of our service provision and the Basingstoke CAMHS team has two exciting positions available.
We are looking for highly motivated, innovative and self-reflexive individuals with a passion for working creatively and collaboratively with children and young people with severe and complex mental health problems and their families/carers/networks.In addition to the local multi-disciplinary team where you will be based, you will join a supportive county-wide Family and Systemic Psychotherapy group and have the opportunity to be part of our teaching team and in the development of new systemic projects.There are also excellent opportunities for development through training and specialist systemic supervision.
If you enjoy being a part of a team, are forward-thinking, seeking a new challenge and want to make a positive difference to the lives of children & young people and their families, then we would be delighted to hear from you.Main duties of the job
The Basingstoke team has the following vacancies:
Band 8A - full time (37.5 hours)
Band 7 - 0.6WTE (22.5 hours)
The successful candidate will work as a member of the clinical service/team, providing a high quality, specialist family and systemic psychotherapy to children/young people and their families or carers. You will support systemic practice within the team through consultation, supervision, formulation and training and by participating in systematic clinical governance. You will work with complex presentations suitable for family and systemic psychotherapy in the team, utilising a high level of knowledge and experience and adapting approaches as appropriate, with regard to evidence-based practice. You will also contribute to teaching on our Foundation and Intermediate level systemic training and be part of systemic projects/initiatives within the wider service. PLEASE STATE CLEARLY AT THE BEGINNING OF THE 'SUPPORTING INFORMATION' SECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION, WHICH POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.About us
Hampshire CAMHS is committed to exploring ways of providing timely, locally delivered, high quality and effective interventions. These aim to maximise mental health and maintain children and young people within their home and educational environment. Hampshire CAMHS places staff wellbeing and supervision as a priority. We also use audits, evaluations and routine outcome measures to continuously improve our service.
Hampshire is a beautiful county with excellent transport networks linking with the neighbouring counties of Surrey, Wiltshire, Berkshire and Sussex. It is the third largest shire county in the UK and the largest county in South East England. It has many tourist attractions such as the historical Cathedral City of Winchester, National Parks in the New Forest and the South Downs and two of the largest ports (Southampton and Portsmouth) in England, to name a few.
Please be aware that anyone applying for a post with CAMHS Hampshire will be subject to TUPE transfer.
Under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment Regulations) (TUPE) all substantive Hampshire CAMHS staff who are employed by Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SPFT) will transfer to either Southern Health Foundation Trust, or to Surrey and Borders Foundation Trust. The TUPE transfer from Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust effective from 1st February 2024.
The Consultation document for TUPE transfer will be made available for all successful applicantsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Person Specification- QualificationsEssential
- To use analytical and judgment skills and be responsible for taking clinical management decisions in complex clinical issues.
- To provide consultation and advice about psychological issues to other members of the team/service and other professionals working with service users.
- To deliver psychological therapy in the context of collaborative therapeutic relationships, and to resolve difficulties in the therapeutic relationships
- Provide a specialised range of clinical interventions and demonstrate knowledge of models of practice.
- Monitor, evaluate and modify treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of interventions.
- Provide specialist clinical assessment, formulation, intervention, review and where appropriate CPA including care co-ordination for service users, their families and carers.
- Recognised/accredited postgraduate level training in a psychological therapy as specified in the appendix
- Professionally registered as specified in the Appendix
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Substantial post-qualification/accreditation experience of specialist psychological therapy (assessment, formulation and treatment), as specified in the Appendix, maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse
- A high level of competence in applying a psychological therapy to complex difficulties appropriate for this therapy with the client group, and a proven track record of delivering positive outcomes in this therapy
- Experience of offering teaching, training and supervision within a demanding organisational context
- A clear and theoretically informed approach to supervision
- Experience of representing psychological therapy within the context of multi-disciplinary care within a complex organisational context
- Significant experience of working with the particular client group served by the team/service
- Knowledge of guidance and legislation in relation to the client group
- A high level specialist knowledge of the theory and practice of specialist psychological therapy as specified in the appendix, as applied to the client group using this service
- Experience of the application of psychological therapy in different cultural contexts and experience of working within a multicultural framework
- Evidence of continuing professional development as required by the professional registration/accrediting body specified in the appendix
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.