Are you interested in a role supporting older adults with their mental health Are you motivated by improving the lives of some of the most vulnerable people in our communities?
If so, our Consultant Psychiatrist role at Millwood, may be just the role for you!
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of �25,000,
in addition to(up to) �8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- �5000 payment paid on appointment
- �5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- �6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- �8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/Main duties of the job
Millwood Unit, Uckfield is a community-based services and specialist inpatient care to support older people with complex mental health difficulties and people living with dementia whose mental health difficulties are complicated by some of the health and social issues that come with ageing.
Your role will be to provide detailed assessments, formulation and risk assessments, to develop management plans and reviews. You will direct these patients' treatment.
You will liaise with local primary/ ATS care services and provide up to date clinical information on the patients you have treated.
In addition, you will provide senior clinical leadership to the service, including supervision of junior medical staff, and provide advice to other members of the team including the duty worker.About us
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss in more detail.
On appointment, the support and facilities you will have access to include the following:
- Good access to on-site parking.
- SAS grade doctor support for the ward
- Dedicated office space (shared with the ward SAS doctor)
- Administrative support allocated to the post-holder and ward SAS doctor
- Support from the service to take on special interest sessions (e.g. clinical interests, medical education, medical management - e.g. Clinical Director role).
- You will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as access to peer support from colleagues in East Sussex.
If you have neither lived or worked in Sussex before then please consider the following:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- A lifestyle including renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park
- Discovering the 140+ miles of scenic and historic Sussex coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both close to the county, providing worldwide transport link
The Trust aims to realise the potential of everyone who uses its services and to enable staff to do a great job. Sussex Partnership has teaching status with close links to Brighton & Sussex Medical School and is developing into one of the countrys leading Mental Health Trusts. Working with us offers continued professional development, variety and a rewarding challenge.
Please see the Job Description for the full list of duties and responsibilities. Please note this job description has been approved by the Royal College of PsychiatristsPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCEEssential
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Millwood Unit, Uckfield Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.