The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, a world-renowned cancer centre, are seeking a highly motivated and experienced IT Asset and Software License Manager to join our Digital Services team. In this critical role, you will be responsible for effectively managing the Trust's IT assets, including hardware and software, throughout their lifecycle. This will involve overseeing procurement, deployment, operation, licensing, and retirement, while ensuring compliance with relevant policies, regulations, and industry best practices.
As the IT Asset and Software License Manager, you will maintain and develop IT asset management processes, track assets, and manage the Trust's software license management processes and procedures. Your expertise in software inventory and reporting tools, as well as your understanding of various software licensing models, will be essential to optimising license usage and minimising costs and risks.
Our culture is a very mission-focused one, driven by the following characteristics that underpin our success:
- We are professional.
- We are patient/customer focused.
- We have pride in ourselves, Digital Services, and The Christie.
- We work as a team.
- We are inclusive.
Your strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills, combined with your experience in IT Service Asset Management, will enable you to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and contribute to asset and budget planning at operational and strategic levels.Main duties of the job
Your primary focus will be on optimising our IT resources by developing and maintaining asset management processes, managing software assets throughout their lifecycle, and overseeing the Trust's software license management processes. This pivotal role will require you to provide specialist advice on software and licensing models, contribute to asset and budget planning, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and policies. By effectively managing IT assets and software licenses, you will play a crucial role in supporting our mission of providing world-class cancer care and research, while promoting efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and innovation within the Trust.About us
Our Digital team ethics are built on the foundation of trust, respect, and open communication. We recognise the value of diverse perspectives and encourage all team members to share their ideas and knowledge. By actively listening to each other and engaging in constructive dialogue, we foster a culture of continuous learning and growth, enabling us to stay agile and adapt to the ever-changing landscape of healthcare and technology.
Teamwork is a vital aspect of our working culture, as we understand that collaboration often leads to more effective problem-solving and higher-quality outcomes. We encourage our team members to work together, share responsibilities, and leverage each other's strengths to achieve our collective goals. This spirit of cooperation not only enhances our overall performance but also creates a sense of camaraderie and belonging among team members.
We are committed to maintaining a working environment that prioritises the well-being and professional development of our team, by providing access to resources, training, and mentorship, we invest in our team members' growth and empower them to reach their full potential. We also strive to maintain a healthy work-life balance, recognising that personal well-being is essential to sustained professional success.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesYour main duties and responsibilities will include:
Vision and values
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining IT asset management processes, ensuring accurate tracking and documentation of all IT assets throughout their lifecycle.
- Responsible that a robust disposal process is in place for all assets meeting the strict policies on zero data loss and in accordance with WEEE Waste regulations and the Trust environmental standards.
- Required to explain complex IT issues to non-IT staff ensuring that understanding is gained. May be required to run training or lead presentations for non-digital staff again ensuring that understanding is gained.
- Ensure that confidentiality is always maintained, and that staff adhere to the Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act, and the Caldicott Principles.
- Managing software assets from planning, requests, procurement, approval, deployment, operation/licensing, to retirement, while ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and policies.
- Overseeing the Trust's software license management processes and procedures, including tracking, monitoring, and optimising the use of software licenses to reduce costs and minimise risks.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of IT assets, their renewals, and associated costs for both hardware and software.
- Collaborating with IT and business stakeholders to plan and manage the procurement of hardware and software assets, ensuring alignment with strategic objectives and budgetary constraints.
- Providing specialist advice and guidance on software and licensing models to colleagues at all levels, including senior management, to support informed decision-making.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of IT assets, identifying opportunities for improvement, and driving initiatives to optimize resource utilisation and reduce costs.
- Contributing to asset and budget planning at operational and strategic levels, including the production of dashboards, reports, and analysis as required.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, policies, and best practices relating to IT asset and software license management.
- Liaising with vendors and suppliers to negotiate contracts, manage renewals, and resolve issues related to IT assets and software licenses.
- Continuously staying informed of industry trends, advancements, and best practices in IT asset and software license management, ensuring the Trust benefits from the latest knowledge and insights.
Our vision is to be leading cancer treatments and improving outcomes for patients: Leading cancer care The Christie Experience Local and specialist care Best outcomes
Our values and behaviours define how we approach our work and treat each other. They apply to all our Christie colleagues and show how we interact with each other, our patients, and our visitors. Through demonstrating these behaviours, we shape our culture in a way that helps us to achieve our Christie Vision, and positively influence areas such as patient experience and outcomes, staff wellbeing and continuous improvement.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree level or equivalent knowledge gained through experience.
- ITIL Service Management foundation certification or equivalent knowledge
- NVQ or HNC in Business Administration
- Industry certifications related to IT asset management or software licensing, such as Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM), Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM), or other relevant qualifications
- Project Management - PRINCE2
- Experience with software inventory and reporting tools, such as SNOW or similar.
- Financial acumen and experience with budget planning and management
- Experience in managing Digital assets
- Creation and implementation of processes and procedures
- Experience analysing data from varies systems and to prepare reports
- Excellent customer relationship management skills, enabling customer confidence and empowerment.
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience working in a healthcare or researchfocused organisation, providing an understanding of the unique IT requirements and challenges in these sectors
- Experience with data analysis and visualisation tools, such as Microsoft Power BI or Tableau, to create insightful reports and dashboards.
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Asset Management principles and best practices
- Familiarity with various software licensing models and an understanding of vendor-specific license terms and conditions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify opportunities for improvement and optimisation
- Detail-oriented and highly organised, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Proficiency in working with IT contracts, including negotiation, management, and compliance
- Knowledge of relevant regulations, policies, and guidelines governing IT asset and software license management
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fastpaced, dynamic environment
- A comprehensive understanding of IT Service Asset Management principles, processes, and best practices related to IT asset management, including lifecycle management, procurement, deployment, and disposal
- A familiarity with various software licensing models, vendor-specific licensing terms and conditions, and an understanding of how to optimize license usage to minimise costs and risks
- Knowledge of tools used for software inventory and reporting, such as SNOW or similar systems, to track and manage software assets effectively.
- Proficiency in working with IT contracts, including negotiation, management, and compliance, as well as understanding of procurement processes for hardware and software assets.
- Knowledge of financial planning and management practices related to IT assets, including forecasting, monitoring, and reporting on costs and budgets.
- Familiarity with common IT hardware and software technologies, as well as an understanding of the unique IT requirements and challenges within healthcare or researchfocused organisations
- Industry Standards and Best Practices: Awareness of industry standards, such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), and best practices related to IT asset and software license management.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations, policies, and guidelines governing IT asset and software license management, including data privacy, security, and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of cloudbased licensing models and experience managing cloud assets and subscriptions.
Personal and People DevelopmentEssential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex information to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex information to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Fostering a collaborative atmosphere within the team and across different departments, promoting open communication, and encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge
- Effectively managing and resolving conflicts within the team or with other stakeholders
- Offering guidance, support, and mentorship to help team members develop their skills, enhance their knowledge, and reach their full potential
- Appropriately delegating tasks and responsibilities to other team members, empowering them to take ownership and make decisions while providing the necessary support and oversight.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.