This is an exciting opportunity to join an evolving and innovative team in a leading child and adolescent eating disorder service. The service is in the process of establishing psychology andsystemic psychotherapy roles that will facilitate both the direct work with young people and their families on the ward, and support the integrated CAMHS eating disorder care pathway.
The highly specialist clinical psychologist will work closely with the principal clinical psychologist and principal systemic family therapist to support the development of the delivery of evidence basedpsychological therapies in an in-patient setting. Wisteria Ward has recently benefited from CYP-IAPT Tier 4 whole team training and successful candidate will benefit from ongoing CYP-IAPT training ??and support with disseminating and embedding the principles of CYP-IAPT in the ward.
This is an exciting time to join the team as Wisteria Ward prepares to move into a refurbished building and increase current bed capacity.Main duties of the job
Agile and flexible working:
- Support the development of the delivery of evidence based systemic family therapies adapted to an in-patient setting.
- Support the dissemination of CYP-IAPT training.
- Participate in assessment and care planning for young people admitted to the ward.
- Facilitate psycho-educational and parent support groups.
- Support nursing staff to implement care plans through the dissemination of systemic frameworks and interventions.
- Support management of ROMs and audit.
- Offer systemic family therapy to carers and young people using a range of systemic interventions and, in particular, family therapy for anorexia nervosa (FT-AN).
- Supervision of other qualified systemic family therapists, clinical psychologists and trainees, psychology placement students and volunteers.
- Attend all multi-disciplinary meetings and care planning reviews and contribute to thinking about young people and their families from a systemic psychotherapy perspective.
As one of the few Trusts in London we are proud to offer flexible working as part of our new ways of working, and we are happy to talk flexible working at the interview stage.About us
Wisteria Ward provides a national service for children and adolescents with eating disorders requiring inpatient treatment. The service accepts CYP between the ages of 11y and 18y with a primary diagnosis of an eating disorder who cannot currently be adequately treated in the community.
The service has recently been redeveloped, and the New Wisteria Model focusses on brief admissions integrated with CYP community eating disorders treatment as defined by the Access and Waiting Time Standard for Children and Young People with an Eating Disorder:- Inpatient admissions will be seen as one part of a wider pathway of care that will be primarily delivered in the community.
The aim of the New Wisteria Model is to improve overall outcomes by making inpatient admissions brief, and importantly having these integrated with the overall model of work within the whole pathway of care, most of which will happen in the community, leading to the best chance of recovery from the eating disorder in the shortest overall time. Specialist community treatment has been shown to be more cost-effective and prolonged inpatient admissions have been postulated to increase the likelihood of unintended effects. About our locations:
Our Trust headquarters is located within the impressive grounds of Springfield University Hospital in Tooting and we also operate in nearly 100 other locations throughout the UK. This is easily accessiblevia the Northern Line (Tooting Bec Station) and via private transport.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To provide highly specialist systemic psychotherapy services to children, young people and their families / carers providing evidence-based systemic psychotherapy assessment and treatment in line with NICE guidance.
- To formulate and implement plans for the formal systemic psychotherapy treatment and/or management of a child or young persons mental health problems, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of the clients problems, and employing methods of proven efficacy, across the full range of care settings.
- To offer advice and consultation on clients psychological care. To work within Trust and professional guidelines.
- To support the Departmental clinical governance structure through the provision of clinical supervision in relation to specific modalities of psychotherapy and by providing clinical input to supervisees PADRs.
- Within supervision, team meetings and other fora, to support and promote the use of measures within the CYP IAPT framework to evolve clinical practice and enhance user experience.
- To seek opportunities to include service user perspectives in how services are delivered.
- To utilise research skills for practice evaluation and service development, as required by the service and set out in the job plan.
- To work with the CAMHS Eating Disorders Service Professional Lead for Psychology and Psychotherapies to lead the work of a particular aspect of service provision
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant mental health/social welfare profession
- Masters/Doctoral level qualification in Systemic Psychotherapy
- UKCP Registration as a systemic psychotherapist
- Multi-Family Group Therapy Training
- Training in FT-AN / FT-BN
- Substantial experience in relevant first profession
- Experience of working with young people, children and their families
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse
- Experience of risk assessment and intervention with individuals their families and/or social networks
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working with eating disorders
- Experience of working with interpreters
- Registration as Clinical Supervisor by Ass. For Family Therapy (AFT)
- Clinical Supervision Training
- Breakaway training
South West London and St Georges Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.