The post-holder will provide a clinical psychiatric service, including assessment, feedback and psychoeducation, risk management as well as holistic care plan to children and adolescents.
As part of the EBT team, the post-holder will offer 4 sessions to conduct generic CAMHS assessments and interventions every week. This will usually take place at the clinic and may be with a member of another discipline depending upon the needs of the case. You will be expected to feedback the outcome of your assessments at the weekly MDT meeting where you will receive advice from the rest of the team. For some cases, you may continue working with a family offering specific therapeutic work.
As part of the Neurodevelopmental team, the post-holder will offer 6 sessions to provide neurodevelopmental assessments including ADHD, learning disability and Autism. Also to offer psycho-education and feedback to patients and their carers and commence and/or monitor appropriate medication under supervision.
The post-holder will contribute to a day time emergency rota covering presentations of young people in crisis or who have deliberately self-harmed at Newham University Hospital and to a rota providing urgent psychiatric reviews (these slots are supervised by the on call consultant).Main duties of the job
This job description is intended as a guide to the main duties of the post and is not intended to be a prescriptive document. Duties and base of work may change to meet the needs of the service or because of the introduction of new technology. This job description may be reviewed from time to time and changed, after consultation with the postholder. 1.0 Duties of the Post
1.1 This is a 1.0 WTE post based in the NDT and EBT at Newham CAMHS. The sessional commitment will be reviewed through the job plan process, having regard to work commitments and intensity.
1.2 The post is based in Newham for East London Foundation Trust. A timetable of commitments will be agreed with the supervising consultant and lead consultant.
1.3 The post holder will be accountable to and supervised by the Consultant and Clinical Team Lead for NDT/EBT.
1.4 The administrative base for this post is Newham CAMHS at York House.
1.5 The post-holder may participate in the teaching of junior medical staff and other disciplines and any in-service training within the team.
1.6 Job plans are agreed and reviewed annually for all the Trust's Specialty doctors. The job plan will identify the nature and timing of the fixed commitments.About us
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Dr Nick Isaacs (email@example.com) , Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists on 020 8430 9000.Person SpecificationEducation/ Qualification/ TrainingEssential
- oMB.BS, MBChB or equivalent
- oFull Registration with the GMC
- oApproved under section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- oExperience of working with children and adolescents
- oWorking with people with serious and enduring mental illness
- oAuditing practices and services
- oExperience of working in a multicultural setting
- oEvidence based service development
- oExperience with Audit/Research
- oExcellent communication skills, verbal, non verbal and written
- oDevelop effective working relationships
- oFunction autonomously as well as being a team player
- oAssessing, formulating and prioritising patients' needs
- oApply research and theory to practice
- oChild and adolescent mental health disorders and their management
- oMental Health Legislation
- oUse of outcome measurements
- oExperience of pharmacological treatments
- oRisk assessment and risk management
- oHealthcare Governance
- oUnderstanding and knowledge of the Multiagency working
- oSkills and a range of therapeutic interventions and psycho-social treatment options
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oInterest in inner city and multi-ethnic population
- oAbility to cope effectively under pressure and in stressful situations
- oCourteous and respectful of patients, families and carers
- oAssertive, independent, flexible
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
411 Barking Rd
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.