An opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Manager to lead community Nursing in Central DN team (hub 5 and surrounding area)
37.5 hours per week with rotational weekend cover
Fixed term contract or secondment consideredMain duties of the job
The post requires a strong innovative leader to lead the Hub for Calderdale & Huddersfield Trust Community Healthcare Division in collaboration with the Primary Care Network and Stakeholders. This is a fixed term post or secondment for 12 months
Calderdale Community Healthcare Division covers five locality Hubs each with a clinical Manager lead.About us
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust is a dynamic and successful organisation with a strong organisational and personal development focus. With over 6000 employees and a turnover of �354 million, the Trust provides a comprehensive range of community and secondary care services to the people of Calderdale and Huddersfield and has an exceptional reputation for service delivery.
The Foundation Trust aims to design and implement services, policies and measures that meet the diverse needs of our service, population and workforce, ensuring that none are placed at a disadvantage over others.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To hold day to day responsibility for managing the provision of community nursing services within a defined geographical area in response to identified need and strategic priority. The post holder will provide leadership within the Hub to keep the base safe and will work within the team of Clinical Managers to provide Divisional leadership for Community Nursing. The post holder will deputies for the OPAT Lead Nurse in her absence
To effectively deploy and manage human and financial resources to ensure safe and responsive service delivery within Calderdale and Huddersfield Foundation Trust.
To provide strong visible clinical leadership and to be the first point of contact to front line staff, service users, carers and other stakeholders across organisational boundaries to enable a prompt managementresponse to operational issues.
To contribute to the modernisation and redesign of clinical services leading on the implementation of district nursing redesign within a defined geographical area.
To manage the processes for assessing and performance managing the activity for the community nurses within a defined geographical locality.To support the Matron Community Nursing in delivering the priorities and objectives relevant to adult services.
To contribute to the planning, monitoring and development of services whilst seeking to promote a culture of continuous improvement thus contributing to the achievement of CHFT values and objectives.
To represent the Directorate at meetings and for specified activities, as required by the Division Senior Management Team.Person SpecificationTRAININGEssential
- Evidence of continuing professional development that had further enhanced leadership skill
- Able to demonstrate a depth of knowledge and learning from relevant and recent community nursing experience
- Experience of leading and managing clinical teams or services
- Experience of contributing to service redesign initiatives
- Experience of managing services in a changing environment
- 1st level registered nurse
- Qualification in teaching and assessing / mentoring
Special Knowledge/ ExpertiseEssential
- Management qualification
- MSC level of study
Practical/Intellectual Skills/Personal QualitiesEssential
- Current issues in community/primary health care
- Models of leadership
- Drivers behind service modernisation and change agenda
- IT awareness
- Research and audit methodology
- Awareness of clinical governance and its impact on contemporary nursing
- Issues in multi agency / multidisciplinary working
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Planning and organisation of self
- Effective communicator including negotiating, mentoring and advocacy skills
- Problem solving
- Commitment to developing self and others
- Able to introduce change and innovation
- Presentation skills
- Budget management skills
- Creative thinker - solution focussed
- Ability to work flexibly
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Westgate House- Hub 5 Central DN Team
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.