We have an exciting and varied apprenticeship role within the Trust's Learning and Education department, based at The Royal Derby Hospital. Our apprentice will be supported to develop a range of relevant knowledge and administrative skills by providing administrative support within our Apprenticeships and Vocational Development team. You will also be supported to gain the knowledge, skills and attitudes complete the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship programme.
It is an extremely varied and interesting role, so we are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated team player, who enjoys variety and is confident to interact with a range of people. You must also be committed to completing the apprenticeship qualification.
PLEASE NOTE:The following qualifications required for this role are:
Closing Date: 26th November Interview Date: 05th DecemberMain duties of the job
- GCSE Maths & English 4-9(A-D) or equivalent qualification e.g. Functional Skills Level
This apprentice post will contribute towards the work of the wider Apprenticeships & Vocational Development Team by carrying out a range of duties to support the team, such as answering telephone and email enquiries, updating databases, inputting and filing relevant documents such as registers of attendance, learner evaluations and meeting notes. You may also support us to promote and represent the organisation at high-profile careers events and jobs fairs locally.
The Apprenticeships & Vocational Development team is responsible for coordinating a range of educational activities and events for the organisation, such as apprenticeship programmes, work experience placements, internal staff development and external careers events. It is a varied and exciting opportunity to work within the organisation and with our external educational partners.About us
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car scheme
Key Facts about our Trust:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A& Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationEducation, Training and QualsEssential
- GCSE Grades 4-9 (A-C) in Maths and English or equivalent Functional Skills i.e. Level 2
- Keyboard/ Word processing and other Microsoft office software
- Work experience (paid or voluntary)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Good written communication skills
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Derby Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.