An exciting opportunity has arisen at Meadow House Hospice for an enthusiastic, motivated and dynamic individual to help lead the specialist palliative care community nursing service across the boroughs of Ealing and Hounslow. The post will be based at Meadow House hospice, and you will work in collaboration with the senior management team and a fellow Band 8a Senior Clinical Nurse Specialist. If you feel you can make a real difference to the care of palliative patients, this post may be for you.Main duties of the job
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual, with excellent organisational and management skills. You will be required to have significant experience in this field of palliative care nursing. We require someone who can lead a team in delivering quality clinical care, whilst acting as a clinical expert for your colleagues. With a drive for innovation and as an integral member of the multidisciplinary team, you will be involved in developing community palliative care nursing practice.
You will need to demonstrate effective leadership with the ability to drive quality improvements, influence patient care and implement new and innovative ways of working in order to affect change. You will have the leadership skills required to operationally manage the service, as well as having the opportunity to be integral in the planning and delivery of community specialist palliative care, in relation to the North West London Adult Community-based Specialist Palliative Care Review and the Trust strategy.
You will be supported by the Senior Nurse for Palliative and End of Life Care in managing the team to deliver high quality specialist palliative care. About us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Recognised post registration qualification in specialty
- Advanced Communication Skills training
- Level 2 Psychological Support training
- Non-medical prescribing qualification
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Master's level study / equivalent experience or willing to work toward
- Experience of staff / team management
- Experience of writing operational policies / protocols and guidelines to support service development initiatives
- Experience of creating learning and development opportunities
- Knowledge of current issues in healthcare specific to palliative care
- oExperience of working effectively within an MDT
Skills, abilities and attributesEssential
- oExperience of working collaboratively to lead & promote the development of patient centred services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective team building skills
- Change management experience
- Experience of evaluating clinical practice
- Commitment to delivering patient focused services
- Ability to set and monitor standards
- Ability to show tact and manage boundaries
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.