Your role will be to support a team of nurses in the provision of high standards of nursing care to children/young people and their families and carers within Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust in the acute services.
Enabling the child or young person and their family to lead as free as possible life from clinical and psychological complications, and to promote good practice in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and care of children and young people. To act as a resource for other professions striving towards improved evidence based management in health, social care and educational settings.
To ensure family centred care is promoted on the ward and children and young people are treated with respect and dignity and act with professionalism and integrity, being a role model to the team providing direction and motivation to provide holistic care to children /young people and their families ensuring everyone has equal opportunity.
We are looking forward to meeting you...Join us, you'll love it.Main duties of the job
- To provide a service that is tailored to meet the needs of the individual and to understand what our Children and young people need and be adaptable and responsive.
- To provide a high quality customer service which complies with relevant legislation and NHS Employment check standards.
- To be honest and learn from mistakes, and help to create a no-blame culture were people feel able to share and learn from experiences together.
- To work as part of a team demonstrating effective communication, and working collaboratively with colleagues inside and out of the department.
- Acknowledge that you need to continually deliver greater value to customers.
- Be honest about your biggest challenges and create a culture of curiosity and openness.
- Make a deliberate effort to connect with strangers from different walks of life and invite them to share their ideas.
- Be curious and creative about new possibilities, whilst identifying what works well and to do more of it.
- Help to develop and foster a learning environment where feedback is welcomed and valued.
Louisa Cary is an acute children's ward at Torbay hospital which cares for children and young people 0 - 18yrs on our 19 bedded ward which consists of 2 HDU beds, 11 cubicles and a separate 6 bedded young people's area. We also have a Short Stay Paediatric Assessment area (SSPAU) which is open Monday to Friday. Where family centred care is promoted.
The post will require close liaison with all areas where children are cared for within the trust, such as ED, day surgery, SCBU, children's community team and outpatients. We are a very supportive team which encourages personal development.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To ensure effective communication and liaison with the multidisciplinary team
- Maintaining effective discharge protocols and appropriate documentation.
- To ensure documentation is of a high standard that provides continuity of care and is completed in accordance with Trust and NMC standards for record keeping.
- To ensure a high standard of care is provided to children and their families carers through family centred evidence based care, and children/young people are treated with respect and dignity.
- To Support a team of nurses providing leadership and management qualities in order that the team progress to agreed objectives.
- To be adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of the clinical area providing support and guidance where necessary.
- To provide support for the families and carers and advise on promotion of health and preventing of ill health in order optimum well being may be achieved.
- To be responsible to the needs of the clinical area when managing the roster due to sickness unforeseen circumstances with knowledge of implications of skill mix to ensure a high standard of service is provided, reporting any concerns to the ward manager.
- To participate in clinical governance within the unit including undertaking risk assessments and ensuring clinical incidents are reported and dealt with appropriately and reported on Datix in accordance with Trust policy.
- To be aware and work within the code of professional conduct as laid down by the NMC in order that a safe and quality service is delivered.
- To ensure that a high standard of care is provided by being aware of and adhere to all TSDFT policies and procedure and by keeping professionally updated in accordance with NMC guidelines and mandatory trust requirements.
- The post holder is expected to comply with trust infection and control policies and conduct him/herself at all times in such a manner as to minimise the risk of healthcare associated infection.
- To comply with health and safety policies and procedures to ensure that a safe environment is maintained for patients visitors and staff.
- To ensure all safe guarding policies and procedures are followed and provide supervision and support for junior nursing staff.
- The post holder should be aware of the budgetary implications of resource utilization when ordering and spending in close conjunction with the Ward Manager.
- To actively contribute and develop policies and guidelines for the management of children/young people as well as strategic business planning process, attending directorate meetings as necessary and to initiate and participate in research and audit.
- To be responsible for monitoring staff performance and the identification of training and development needs through appraisal and PDP.
- To undertake some management training in order that they can be supportive to the Ward Manager.
- To assist the respective managers in recruitment and selection of staff and induction of staff to the areas.
- Hold responsibility to access clinical supervision in line with the trust policy and framework, to keep records as appropriate evidence and to support their colleagues as appropriate to enable them to access the same.
- Be familiar with relevant computerised systems integral to the running of the service.
- Maintain accurate records of all referred patients, ensuring relevant information and outcomes are documented in the patients notes and on Infoflex in accordance with the Trust policy.
- Maintain accurate and contemporaneous staff records in relation to attendance management, appraisals and any performance related issues.
- RN/RSCN (child)- Diploma/Degree in nursing
- Mentorship Training
- level 3 safeguarding
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Professional development
- Leadership training
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.