Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust is seeking to appoint a full time Maintenance Fitter (Mechanical/Plumber).
Band 5 pay is �28, 407 to �34, 581.
The Estates team are looking for an individual who will work on a wide range of mechanical systems and equipment across all areas of the Trust's varied estate of buildings within the Coventry and Warwickshire area.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and have served an apprenticeship or undertaken other suitable training in a mechanical discipline to at least Level 3 . You will have attained an appropriate qualification and gained experience carrying out maintenance on a wide range of engineering plant and services.
The Trust offers 27 days annual leave, on-call payment, Bank Holidays and NHS Pension.
The successful candidate must be prepared to participate in an on-call rota.Main duties of the job
Assisting and supporting the Operational Estates Management team, which includes Reactive, Planned Preventative and Scheduled Maintenance services across Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust premises (including off-site properties). This will be undertaken with a special emphasis on the estate being operated and maintained in accordance with statutory compliance requirements.About us
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust provides a range of physical, mental health and learning disability services to children and adultsacross Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull.
We operate out of approximately 50 sites andprovide inpatient, community and day clinics, as well as specialist services, to a population of about 1 million. On average, we see around 5,000 patients every day.Our services received an overall rating of 'Good' by the CQC.
We were one of only seven mental health trusts that were named by NHS England and formed a part of theGlobal Digital Exemplarprogramme, allowing us to transform patient care through new technologies.
Alongside other Trusts,local government and the third sector, we arepart of theCoventry & Warwickshire Health and Care Partnershipwhich is designedto integrate care and better meet local health and care needs now and in the future.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1. To supervise or support members of the maintenance team on a day to day basis.2. To carry out routine maintenance of building services and Mechanical systems and equipment across the Trust Estate.3. To interpret works from instruction, drawings and specifications.4. To undertake assessments of equipment and materials required for Mechanical services installations.5. To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance across the Trust Estate.6. To undertake basic electrical safe connection/disconnection when it is part of any mechanical/electrical system, as part of any installation/ maintenance works e.g. Showers, Boilers, Pumps etc.7. Assist Estates Officers in a) Carrying out building surveys and inspections of various services.b) Advising on correct building material, equipment and systems.c) Estimating small schemesd) Up keeping building and site service records.e) Highlighting Health and Safety issues relating to mechanical control and general building issues.8. To carry out fault finding and repairs to Electrical systems and controls on heating, a/c, lifts and any medical equipment and devices, seating, beds etc where suitably trained to do so.9. To carry out investigation and testing on fire alarm and security systems where suitably trained to do so.
10. To carry out Mechanical services installation works.11. To check and test Mechanical appliances where suitably trained to do so.12. To provide assistance to Estates officers in project surveys, estimation, co-ordination and commissioning.13. To assist Estates Officers in obtaining information from manufacturers suppliers and ordering of spares and materials.14. To assist estates officers in the organising and prioritising of day to day requisition maintenance.15. To participate in Trades on call rota and duties16. Ensure that all works undertaken complies with current H& S Regulation, Procedures and Risk Assessments.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Good general education (eg. GCSE English & Maths A-C)
- Mechanical and-or Electrical level 3
- Current IEE Elec Regs
- Demonstrable good engineering skills and experiences
- Must be able and willing to work on and maintain a wide range of building services plant and equipment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, concisely and courteously
- Must be able to approach and action their work in a methodical and logical order
- Must be able to remain focused, deal with interruptions and resume the task in hand without loss of efficiency
- Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure to tight deadlines
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Must have experience of working in a busy maintenance organisation and understand the requirements within a care environment
- Must have experience using engineering tools and equipment for analysis and fault find.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Unit 5c Quinn's Close Seven stars industrial estate
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.