The post will involve working both day and night duties. This could predominantly be night duty depending on service cover. We are a dynamic and progressive community hospital setting and as a Band 5 Registered Nurse you work to support the Ward Sisters in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care. Experience in sub-acute medicine, rehabilitation, Neuro rehabilitation and palliative care would be an advantage however the opportunity to develop within these fields is actively encouraged and supported.
You will be supported in developing your clinical skills, supporting the Ward Sister and Junior staff on the ward.
Initiatives including RIO care records, Electronic Observations and Quality Improvement programmes are currently in progress within the Unit and your input with these will be encouraged within a supportive team.Main duties of the job
Themust haves for you to be considered for this role: Experience with sub-acute medical and rehabilitation patient care. Ability to work as part of a team. Ability to maintain a high standard of individualised care Take responsibility for Case Management of Patients About us
- The post holder will be responsible for the assessment of care needs, development and implementation of evidence-based programmes of care.
- The unit consists of two wards where staff members work together across both.
- Predominantly night duties, although expectation to work a combination of days and nights as service dictates
- To demonstrate clinical decision-making skills, displaying evidence-based practice
- To promote and maintain a high standard of individualised care by actively contributing to the planning, delivery and evaluation of care, ensuring that care plans are used effectively, adhered to and updated as the patient's condition dictates.
- To provide supportive, effective communication with patients, relatives and carers
- To assist senior staff in the day-to-day management of the ward and develop toward taking responsibility for the ward/ unit in the absence of a more senior member of staff. This will include maintaining a safe level of staffing on the wards and making appropriate decisions regarding admission and discharge of patients.
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust isa specialist mental health and community health services trust. Rated 'outstanding' by the CQC, we're committed to providing the best possible care to people across Berkshire.
The trust employs almost 5,000 people over more than 100 sites and community settings across Windsor & Maidenhead, Slough, Bracknell Forest, Wokingham, Reading and West Berkshire.
As an inclusive employer, we value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall 100 Top Employer. Whatever your background or individual needs, at Berkshire Healthcare you'll be supported by friendly and professional managers to succeed.
These are the values that we live by at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- Working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Benefits of working for us include:
- Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
- 27 days annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell leave
- Generous NHS pension scheme 20.68% employer contribution
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- Advanced IT enablement
- Cycle to Work and car leasing scheme
- Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
- Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants via the Blue Light Card
- Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and more to support equality
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave and access to our three staff nurseries.
If youre someone who shares our passion for excellence and care, join us and lets be outstanding together.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.Person SpecificationKnowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Willingness to be involved in changes within nursing practice
- Demonstrates use of evidence based practice
- Ability to develop leadership skills.
- Mentorship of junior staff and students
- Ability to problem solve
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Computer skills
- Willing to develop and take responsibility
- Reasonable level of fitness
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Inpatient Wards, West Berkshire Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.