We have an exciting opportunity for a Locum Consultant Psychiatrist to work in our Mental Health Liaison Team based at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton. This post is fixed term for 12 months.
In this role you will have the opportunity to develop your career, shape our strategy and provide excellent patient care.
Consider joining Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SPFT) and help us improve the quality of life for our thriving local communities.
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/Main duties of the job
This post is in working age Liaison Psychiatry. You will have a key role in supporting the wider nursing team and providing continuity of care across the week in the general hospital setting.
You will be expected to provide specialist medical and psychiatric assessment and treatment to people aged 17 and over, referred to the Mental Health Liaison Team from the Emergency Department and the inpatient wards within the Royal Sussex County Hospital. It is expected that you will have expertise in working age adults' mental health, organic mental states, medically unexplained symptoms, the interplay between physical and mental health problems and management of psychiatric crises.
You will be joining a team with a history of participating in nationally-recognised Liaison Psychiatry research and which is actively involved in the teaching and training of students from Brighton and Sussex Medical School, in addition to nursing and paramedic students.
You will also be involved in developing new care pathways and including integrated psychiatric care in line with the NHS Long Term Plan.About us
At Sussex Partnership we are committed toproviding opportunities for flexible working
. If you would like to work differently to the hours advertised, please contact us to discuss this in more detail.
If you have neither lived or worked in Sussex before then please consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- A lifestyle including renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park
- Discovering the 140+ miles of scenic and historic Sussex coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing worldwide transport links
SPFT has a thriving research network and has been rated 'outstanding' in caring by the CQC and 'good' in all other domains.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please review the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role.
We would love to hear from you if you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity. Please see our contact details below.
**Please note the job description is with the Royal College for approval**Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCEEssential
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- The competencies to work with both General Adult and Older Adult patients. The successful candidate will be able to provide evidence of relevant experience accordingly.
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNINGEssential
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Additional expertise in Addictions psychiatry, Neuropsychiatry or Psychotherapy
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Sussex County Hosptial
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.