The postholder will co-ordinate the preparation of Trust-wide health, safety and security management policies and procedural documents in partnership with the Health, Safety and Security Advisor
This self-motivated person will make a significant contribution to the local health environment, through close liaison with local health professionals, whilst establishing a programme of continuous risk identification and reduction.
The ability to produce concise risk assessments will be an essential tool in establishing and formulating structured action plans. The postholder will review and implement national guidelines to establish safe working practices throughout the organisation.Main duties of the job
The following tasks will form part of the core role, with duties and responsibilities undertaken on a regular basis -
- Promote and facilitate a consistent approach to the management of health, safety and security management across the Trust through development of local policies, procedures and audit criteria that assist managers and staff to comply with current health and safety legislation.
- Develop, implement and deliver health, safety and security management training programmes for all Trust employees, including supporting the Fire Safety team with the delivery of fire safety mandatory training programs.
- Produce concise risk assessments and structured action plans to meet organisational and statutory / legal requirements.
- Perform and provide reports relating to health, safety and security management audits and premises inspections within areas specified by the Trust.
- Provide comprehensive reports and relevant information for the production of the Annual Health, Safety and Security Reports for the Trust Board.
- Ensure that specific queries from managers and staff in respect of concerns regarding health, safety and security management are promptly and effectively addressed.
- Plan proactively for new and forthcoming health, safety and security legislation and the implications of recent legal cases and decisions, analysing the impact on Trust policies and working practices (e.g. via HSE website
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information regarding this vacancy please see the attached job description and person specificationPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- GCSE level standard of education
- NEBOSH General Certificate, or a commitment to achieve.
- IOSH Certificate / Grad IOSH
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Accredited Security Management Qualification
- Membership of an appropriate professional body (eg. IOSH, NAHS) with appropriate CPD
- Professional training certification
- Project management training in PRINCE 2 or equivalent.
- To be committed to a process of continuous personal development in line with this post and the Trust.
- Customer care skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrable risk assessment experience
- Preparation of Directorate level reports and papers
- An understanding of key risks in clinical environments eg inpatient and community services
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Minimum 2 years' experience of working in a training environment with evidence of preparing and delivering training
- A clear, practical understanding of UK and European health and safety legislation
- Specific knowledge of health, safety and security management within the NHS
- Understand the importance of creating a safe and secure environment for those who work in or use the NHS.
- Computer literacy is essential - to be fully conversant with Microsoft Office applications and an ability to research the internet.
- Ability to produce clear and concise reports
- Ability to produce and deliver health and safety training.
- Ability to demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Committed to continual professional development.
- Ability to work to tight and often statutory deadlines
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Analytical approach to identifying problems and developing real and practical solutions.
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.