Are you a paediatric emergency nurse who is seeking a change ?We are looking for experienced PED nurses to come and join our great team. If you have a desire to enhance your acute emergency and minor injury skills, look no further. We believe in developing our staff, providing APLS training, a paediatric ED course as well as other professional development.
At Evelina, we are reminded every day of how important life is, and how important it is to look after the health and wellbeing of our staff as they balance of responsibilities in and out of work. We are committed to supporting flexible working we want to support you to work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement whether that's job share, part time or another flexible pattern. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
Closing date: 28th November 2023
Interview date: 14th December 2023Main duties of the job
Your role will involve co-ordinating and leading a shift on a regular basis. The role will also involve providing professional and inspirational leadership to ensure that patients and their families receive high quality clinical care and an excellent patient experience.
Please note this role will require you to work days, nights and weekends. You will be given notice of your shifts to enable you to plan your work and home life.About us
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust comprises five of the UK'sbest known hospitals - Guy's, St Thomas', Evelina London Children'sHospital, Royal Brompton and Harefield - as well as community services inLambeth and Southwark, all with a long history of high quality care, clinicalexcellence, research and innovation.
We are among the UK's busiest, most successful foundation trusts. Weprovide specialist care for patients including heart and lung, cancer and renal services as well as a full range of local hospital and community services for people in Lambeth and Southwark.
We have a long tradition of clinical and scientific achievement and - as part of King's Health Partners - we are one of England's eight academic healthsciences centres, bringing together world-class clinical services, teaching and research. We have one of the National Institute for Health Research'sbiomedical research centres, established with King's College London in 2007, as well as dedicated clinical research facilities.
We have around 22,700 staff, making us one of the largest NHS Trusts in the country and one of the biggest employers locally.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full details of duties and responsibilities for each criteria please see the attached Job Description.
Person SpecificationQualifications/ Professional RegistrationEssential
- Clinical and Patient Care
- Education and Leadership
- Research and Development
- Management and Leadership
- Compliance and Governance
- RN1/ RN2/ RN12 or RN Child Registered Nurse on the NMC register. To hold the appropriate level for the area of speciality
- Post registration qualification in (appropriate area of speciality)
- Mentorship/Teaching Qualification
- Evidence of professional/clinical knowledge in area supplemented by specialist clinical, managerial training and CPD
- Able and willing to work flexible shift patterns, internal rotation to day and night duty and unsocial hours, according to service needs
- Up to date knowledge of current clinical and professional issues. Knowledge of evidence based practice.
- Evidence of involvement and leadership in teaching and mentoring learners
- Good communication skills and ability to deal with sensitive information. To include dealing with distressed relatives, care of terminally ill & other challenging situations
- Demonstrate an awareness of clinical governance and risk management and how this effects their role and the department
- Demonstrates ability to influence and negotiate with others. Ability to organise and plan own time and that of junior staff and learners.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous post registration experience within the relevant specialty
- Experiencing of co-ordinating a shift
- Supervision of junior staff
- Experienced and competent in the management of patients within the speciality
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Thomas' Hospital
Westminster Bridge Rd
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.