An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Paediatric Nursing team.
We are looking to employ 1 x Band 6 Paediatric Sister/Charge Nurse.
The successful candidate will have clinical credibility, excellent communication and organisational skills and a positive approach to change. They will assist the Ward Managers in the running of our Children's Unit which consists of a 33 bedded inpatient ward, an Oncology and Haematology Unit, a Children's Assessment Unit, Two Children's Outpatient Departments, a Children's Medical Day Unit and Paediatric Day Surgery service.
The right individual will have a passion for service improvement and innovation for Paediatric care within the Trust. They will help assist and guide the team though positive change as we embark on our current and future journey.Main duties of the job
- To function as a competent clinical practitioner within their designated clinical area.
- To deliver direct patient care whilst co-ordinating and overseeing nursing practice
- To be responsible for ensuring the delivery of clinical activities duringtheir span of duty.
- To ensure that there is efficient and effective utilisation of resourcesto deliver optimum quality care to their client group.
- To deputise for the ward/ department manager in his / her absence,driving forward evidence based practice and taking responsibility forthe supervision of staff.
If you are committed to providing high quality care to children and their families in a friendly and supportive environment, feel you have the passion to join our senior team, and meet the personal specification we would love to hear from you.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.Person SpecificationProfessional/Technical QualificationsEssential
- RSCN/RN Child branch
- Teaching and Assessing courses ENB 998 or equivalent
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Practical Oncology Course
- HDU Relevant course
- High level clinical skills and knowledge
- Evidence of successfully co-ordinating, managing and leading the team on a day to day basis
- Teaching ability
- Evidence in undertaking preceptor / mentorship role.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Involvement in Nursing audit and Research.
- An awareness and understanding of policy and practice relevant to speciality.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustAddress
The Princess Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.