The purpose of the role is to manage specific clinical systems as a defined Electronic Patient Record (EPR) Application Specialist. You will also be required to provide basic application management support for other clinical systems as and when required, to assist in the management and operational performance of a critical business service, providing help, support and guidance to clinical and non-clinical staff using the clinical systems.
Working within a supportive, innovative and modern environment where ideas are shared and valued, the EPR Application Specialist will work closely with our strategic IT delivery partners and Trust stakeholders to ensure clinical and Administrative services are fully supported by our first of type product.Main duties of the job
To undertake system responsibility as an Applications Specialist, ensuring the integrity of the business critical systems are maintained at all times and that business continuity is ensured.
Work closely with all stakeholders, provide analysis and information, to determine how the clinical systems can be developed, configured and enhanced to meet the requirements for clinical and administrative workflows.
A good understanding of the operating context in a large acute hospital is crucial, to ensure that the needs of the trust are met and the implications of design and configuration decisions are understood in terms of their impact on colleagues operationally, on the quality and standardization of data collected and how this flows into other systems and informs reporting and analytics.About us
Our new strategy, developed with the support and feedback of colleagues, patients, and partners, is our compass for the next seven years (2023-2030).
We have four primary goals:
- high-quality care for all,
- being a great place to work,
- partnerships for impact, and
- research and education excellence
And we will embed health equality in all we do - taking active steps to reduce the avoidable differences in healthcare that some people face, working in partnership with communities.
Our strategy is underpinned by new values and we will work to ensure they are an everyday reality for all:
- we are compassionate,
- we are proud,
- we are inclusive, and
- we are one team
This is an exciting moment as we look to the future with clarity on what we already do well and where we need to focus our energies to make an even bigger difference for the people we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will analyze and report on the impact of changes to clinical systems and make decisions and recommendations for the benefit and improvement of business processes and explain such to other IT specialists as well as to those with limited IT understanding or knowledge.
As a specialist, they will use their knowledge and experience of business practice and of clinical systems, to conduct research, and develop and implement policies and procedures and make a key contribution towards recommendations, on the fitness of new clinical systems to guarantee the continued development and improvement of processes, to facilitate new ways of working and the achievement of patient and cost benefits.
To manage support provided by the suppliers of clinical systems to ensure minimum disruption to users of the clinical systems and that the suppliers are aware and able to deliver enhancements required to meet governmental and/or directives for service developments and improvements.
To lead the liaison with external suppliers, other IM& T staff groups, the training team, senior managers and clinicians, and non-IT staff groups in terms of system deployment, developments and maintenance of the clinical systems.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Relevant degree or specialist knowledge acquired through experience
- Level 3, 4 and 5: S/NVQ for Information / Communication Technology Professionals
- Agile Project Management qualification
- At least 2 years' experience in the management, configuration and support of clinical systems and technologies within a large complex healthcare IT environment
- At Least 1 years' experience of working in large scale Electronic Patient Record (EPR) projects
- An understanding of clinical pathways and how these are supported by an EPR and advising users and management on technical issues and how they impact upon the business.
- Experience working in Project environments in cross functional teams
Communicationa & RelationshipsEssential
- Experience working in a software prototyping / development environment
- Experience of requirement management used for software development and feedback processes.
Analytical and Judgement skillsEssential
- Managing stakeholder relationships, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent problem solving skills and possess a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of IT Change Management processes
- Able to absorb rapidly new technical information and concept
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, able to manage own workload and share tasks with other
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
UHL IM& T , County Hall
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.