Band 7: Band to be confirmed
HHFT have received Quality funding for a new risk/governance post within our Neonatal teams.
As the Neonatal Governance Lead the post holder will take responsibility for leading investigations in line with the Patient Safety Incident Response Framework (PSIRF), producing and monitoring Learning response action plans. There will be an expectation that you will provide support and information for staff to learn from incidents, taking into consideration human factors, learning response methodology and assurance that change in practice has been embedded to prevent re-occurrence.Main duties of the job
- Coordinate and promote neonatal risk management processes.
- Oversee service evaluation via audit and reviews.
- Ensure the timely reporting by staff members of all neonatal clinical incidents.
- Collate incident statistics and monitor trends from adverse incidents.
- Maintain and monitor the Neonatal Risk Register.
- Production of a risk management report as required.
- Participate in the seamless investigation of all incidents within the Patient safety incident response Plan (PSIRP) as instructed by Matron & /or the Trust's Governance and Risk team.
- Work in partnership with the Neonatal Matron and Clinical Lead to manage the complaints process.
Our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient. Patient care is at the heart of what we do at our three sites: Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester and Andover War Memorial Hospital. Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides medical and surgical services to a population of approximately 600,000 people across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire.
Our cultural ambition is to have a culture that places people at the heart of all we do, where we all belong, and where learning, improvement and excellence thrive.
We provide specialist services to people across the UK and internationally. We are one of only two centres in the UK treating pseudomyxoma peritonei (a rare form of abdominal cancer) and we are leaders in the field of tertiary liver cancer and colorectal cancer.
The trust employs more than 9,000 staff and has a turnover of over �500 million a year. As a Foundation Trust, we are directly accountable to our members through the governors. The Council of Governors represent the interests of their constituencies and influence the future plans of the Foundation Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationTraining and QualificationsEssential
- Maintain a high standard of investigation through the co-ordination of multi-professional responses.
- Communicate relevant findings to promote an environment which learns from incident reporting.
- Within sphere of role, produce written responses to complaints which are considered, factual, empathetic, and patient orientated and reflect a document which can be distributed on behalf of the Trust.
- Produce timely reports which detail the themes and trends over designated reporting periods e.g., previous quarter.
- Regularly feedback to the Management Team and the staff regarding trends and themes or individual issues.
- Maintain confidentiality relating to patients, staff, and the Trust at all times
- o1st Level Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife
- oPost registration Qualification in Neonatal care
- oSafeguarding Children training (Level 1-3)
- oHuman factors/route cause analysis training.
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- oConflict resolution training
- Difficult conversations training
- oSignificant post registration neonatal experience
- oExperience of managing change
- oExperience of managing staff
- oWorking knowledge of the incident process
Skills and AbilityEssential
- oComplaints management
- oReport writing experience
- oCurrent NLS certification
- oKnowledge of audit and service improvement
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oEvidence of continuing professional developmentn
- oClear communication
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
RHCH, Romsey road, Winchester SO225DG. BNH Aldermaston Road, Basingstoke RG22 9NA
Winchester and Basingstoke
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.