***Please note we are only able to accept applications from those with a live NMC registration or UK nursing students awaiting their PIN as we are unable to support OSCE at this time***
The emergency department is looking for a dynamic and experienced individual with existing management skills and experience in an emergency care setting. It is an exciting time to join our team as we are undergoing some major changes such as relocating the Urgent Treatment Centre into the Emergency Centre footprint. This unit will run alongside our existing ED and as a band 7 with us you will be expected to rotate through this area and help coordinate the delivery of this service.
As part of a comprehensive programme supported by the senior team and the clinical educators based in ED you will be mentored through ED specific skills & shift co-ordination, such as minor injury management including plasters, x-ray requesting, wound closure, Manchester triage, shift co-ordination & line management including HR issues. Previous candidates who have been unsuccessful for this role in the last 6 months are asked not to apply again at this time. Main duties of the job
You will be allocated a mentor from the current band 7 team who, with the support of the education team, will guide you and mould you into a highly effective & functioning band 7 sister/charge nurse.
This is an excellent leadership opportunity within the emergency department setting, you may be required to do occasional cross site working.
To provide dynamic clinical leadership, ensure delivery of high quality nursing care and team development through effective line management.About us
We are committed to ensure a work-life balance to all our staff by offering full time and part time roles, flexible working hours on a shift pattern to fit around your family life.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates form our local communities. Benefits to you
27 days annual leave for new starters, rising to 29 days after five years of service and 33 days after 10 years of service, plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff)
NHS Pension Scheme:
Flexible working opportunities
Increased hourly rates for unsociable hours e.g. night shifts, weekends, bank holidays
Career development and training
Wellbeing support and activities
In-house physiotherapy Service
On-site canteens with subsidised meals
Subsidised staff parking (currently free).Free Stagecoach Bus Travel to and from work within Cambridgeshire and PeterboroughJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for further information regarding the job role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse or equivalent health care professional
- PILS / ILS
- Recognised mentorship course
- Futher study post registration
- Recognised Leadership Course
- Minimum of 2 years ED experience at band 6 level
- Able to work in a busy demanding area
- Formal / informal teaching experience
- Experience of managing / leading a team
- Good understanding of clinical governance relevant to ED
- Previous line management experience
- Current link nurse role
Qualities / AttributesEssential
- Fully competent in ED core skills
- Evidence of auditing and development of current department.
- Able to resolve conflict
- Xray requesting / advanced plastering
- Good understanding of infection control principles and their application within an emergency care setting
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload taking responsibility for decision making under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates Trust values
- Able to motivate a team
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.