We are looking for a full time Clinical Pharmacist to support a number of services being delivered across our Frailty Service, which was recently featured on the BBC Panorama Programme.
Our Clinical Pharmacists work with a team of doctors, nurses and therapists providing a comprehensive geriatric assessment to patients seen ino the Jean Bishop Integrated Care Centreo care homeso our community bedded units o our frailty ward. Main duties of the job
Experience of performing structured medication reviews is preferable but not essential. We will provide training as part of an individualised induction programme and you will be embedded within an experienced frailty team. The successful pharmacist will have a focus on patient centred care, and an interest in frailty, they will demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills.
You will receive professional support from our established Medicines Service team based in Hull. You must have an independent means of transport to travel around the geographic area our services operate across and also to work flexibly to meet the needs of the organisation
Applicants are welcome from all pharmacy sectors.
We can offer part time and flexible working to support our current services and projects within the Frailty team.
For further details regarding this role please contact: - Emma Baggaley Assistant Director Medicines Management 07816 645474 or firstname.lastname@example.org Gemma McNally, Senior Pharmacist 07526 170418 or email@example.comAbout us
At CHCP, we're passionate about peopleand we know that you are too, that's why we're here isn't it? We recognise that high quality care is delivered by high quality professionals who are appreciated, respected and supported, which is why we want to give all our colleagues the chance to shine.
Work with us and you'll be more than just a number. Our people are our shareholders and their thoughts and opinions are always heard at C HCP you have a real voice.
Compassion is at the heart of our business we're a team of nearly 2,500 colleagues who work together to deliverfirst-class healthcareto thousands of people living in Hull, the East Riding, Knowsley and St Helens. Local diversity demands diverse roles, that's why we have vacancies to suit everybody. No matter your role at CHCP, we'll support you to thrive.
As the 13thlargest social enterprise in the UK, we're pioneering the move towards independent service delivery. Join us on our journey and help us make history.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for the main responsibilities associated to the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Masters degree Pharmacy (MPharm) or equivalent pre 2000 qualification) plus one year's pre-registration training
- GPhC Registered Pharmacist
- Post-graduate training in clinical or pharmacy practice to diploma level or working towards a diploma level qualification or able to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Independent prescribing qualification
- Member of a professional organisation e.g. RPS
- Able to apply clinical knowledge appropriately in a variety of practice settings or patient groups
- Understanding the current national policies and legislation relating to medicines
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of primary care and medicines management issues
- Good analytical and decision-making skills around medicines information
- Computer skills e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail
- Familiarity with SystmOne and other GP computer systems
- Significant post-registration experience
- Ability to successfully implement change (e.g. working in a multi-disciplinary team)
- Experience of influencing others through the use of evidence based medicine
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Clinical experience of conducting medication reviews
- Experience of working on projects where post holder uses own initiative and manages own timescales
- Experience in leadership, line managing staff and conducting appraisals
- Experience of conducting evidence based review of literature and/or journal articles
City Health Care Partnership CICAddress
Hull and East Riding
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.