This is a unique and exciting opportunity to come and join our dynamic Occupational Therapy team at based at Margaret Laurie House in Reigate.
Margaret Laurie is a Rehabilitation service which is designed to equip people with severe and enduring mental illness with the skills they need to live more independently.
Please note the postholder will be expected to work flexibly within all the acute services, as need arises.
This post would suit you if you have had previous experience of working in mental health, you want to consolidate your knowledge of occupational therapy and be involved in delivering high quality, evidence based, outcome measured occupational therapy interventions. This post also gives you an opportunity to develop skills in care coordinating service users with an occupational therapy focus and being part of the assessment team.
We use Model of Human Occupation to guide all our occupational therapy assessments and interventions. We are particularly focusing on embedding occupational science and neuroscience into our practice.
The occupational therapy leadership team is committed to an extensive, co-ordinated CPD program including a robust supervision structure, care group meetings, Trust wide and core competence training and an annual conference. Staff are valued for their expertise in occupationally focused interventions and specialist group therapy.Main duties of the job
- To provide high quality and evidence based occupational therapy assessment and interventions, both group and individual, to people who access services and their carers/supporters/family members, in line with the occupational therapy pathways.
- To communicate effectively with people who access services, carers, the multi-disciplinary team and when appropriate outside agencies.
- To contribute to the generic functioning of the team.
- To provide supervision and mentoring to more junior occupational therapists, occupational therapy apprenticeships, support workers and activities coordinators (as appropriate)
- To provide occupational therapy student placements.
- To contribute to service development and audits.
- To take on the role of lead professional as appropriate.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification document attached to see the full details of the job role and responsibilities.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Occupational Therapy professional qualification
- HCPC Registration
- Completion of a Fieldwork Educators' course
- Relevant post qualification clinical experience
- Experience of using multiple occupational frames of reference and approaches
- Experience of using relevant occupational therapy assessment and implementing interventions
- Experience in applying knowledge of the impact of health and disability on occupational performance, participation and identity
- Evidence of an interest and skills in specialist area
- Evidence of clinical reasoning skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of contributing to service development/project work
- Experience as a supervisor
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Margaret Laurie House
1 Church Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.