To provide skilled PA support to the Clinical Director, OSM and Matrons across the Directorate.
To support the OSM, Matrons and Clinical Director in the development and maintenance of Directorate projects, policies and processes as well as the implementation of the Directorate's strategy.Main duties of the jobGastroenterology, Endoscopy & Hepatology Directorate are looking for a skilled PA/ Administrator to support the Clinical Director, OSM and Matron.
This is a key position within the department and in addition to providing day-to-day admin support the successful candidate will also assist the team with the development and maintenance of Directorate projects, policies and processes and the implementation of the Directorate's strategy. The successful candidate will need:
Data and Administration Responsibilities:
- To demonstrable experience in a similar position (Team Administrator, Personal Assistant, Senior Administrator, or equivalent roles)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to multitask and juggle priorities is essential, this is a busy and varied role
- To be IT literate
- Previous experience working for the NHS or in a medical/ clinical setting is highly desirable but not essential
About usOxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Provide PA administrative support to the Directorate management team including coordinating performance/ quality reports, diary management, organising meetings with senior staff members as requested and ensuring relevant papers are available in advance of meetings.
- Collate and bring together reports and statistics
- Co-ordinate, support and attend the monthly Directorate meetings
- Assist with the administration and coordination of recruitment campaigns for the department
- Ad hoc procurement for the department
is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research. Find out more here www.ouh.nhs.uk
The Trust comprises of four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital
, Churchill Hospital
and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre
in Headington and the Horton General Hospital
in Banbury. COVID-19 Vaccination Update:
There has been a national announcement that COVID-19 vaccinations will be mandatory for all patient-facing staff from 1 April 2022. This role could be affected by this, we therefore urge all applicants to consider this before applying. Patient-facing staff who have not had both vaccinations by 1 April 2022 will not be able to continue in their role.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Maintain the Trusts and Directorates complaints policy:Act as the main point of contact and provide coordination for all complaintswithin the Directorate.
Ascertain which CU/area the complaint is regarding and the key people whichneed to investigate and respond and send out accordingly.Person SpecificationEDUCATIONALEssential
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Relevant management qualification e.g. Diploma in Management Studies (DMS) qualification (medical terminology) or NVQ3 (or equivalent
- Evidence of continual professional development
- IT qualifications e.g. ECDL (obtained or working towards)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- NHS experience in an administrative role with excellent knowledge of administrative procedures
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology
- Secretarial skills
- Willingness to develop computer technology skills
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
John Radcliffe Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.