Sussex Partnership have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist to join our Mental Health Liaison Team at Princess Royal Hospital in Haywards Heath. The Job Description has been reviewed and approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
This is an established post and follows the trust's move towards providing Core 24 services in North West Sussex. The team is part of the North west Sussex Crisis and Urgent care hub and the consultant will be working alongside the already exiting consultant with the Crisis Response and Home treatment team.
The Princess Royal Hospital is based in Haywards Heath. It has an accident and emergency department and several wards including the clinical decision unit, medical assessment unit and wards for antenatal, perinatal and postnatal services, care of the elderly, orthopaedics, neurology and intensive care units. It is a part of the Brighton and Sussex University hospitals trust. The Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton is the major hospital in Sussex region and Princess Royal hospital forms part of the large establishment.
We're building an organisation that will impact future generations, where everyone is welcome. A place where you can be yourself and feel valued. We would love for you to join our team in MHLT where we can continue to work closely and collaboratively to support our service users and our staff.
Please also note that this job attracts a Recruitment and Retention payment (RRP) of �25,000
, in addition to (up to) �8000 relocation allowance
. Please see the working for your organisation section below for more information!Main duties of the job
The Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist covers the North West Sussex Mental Health Liaison Service at Princess Royal Hospital, providing assessment and treatment for patients presenting to the emergency department and patients in the wards with a functional illness.
You will also provide ad-hoc assessments and supervision to patients presenting at the Urgent treatment Center in Crawley Hospital, Crawley. You will be working closely with the already existing consultant at Princess Royal hospital providing cover for Dementia patients. The Consultant will also work closely with Crisis Response and home treatment team and other services in the community (Assessment and Treatment Services, Early Intervention in Psychosis) to ensure safe discharge and follow up support when needed.
This role can also support research, development, medical education or special interests. We strongly believe in creating roles that provide a service but also give you the opportunity to develop your own areas of special interest.
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in West Sussex.About us
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of �25,000,
in addition to(up to) �8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- �5000 payment paid on appointment
- �5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- �6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- �8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to those advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
You don't need to look any further if you're after outstanding countryside and beautiful beaches. We've got the sea, air and the sound of the surf. There's the hustle and bustle of Brighton and the scenic South Downs. Not only that, the Hampshire and Sussex coastline is the sunniest place to live in the UK (just ask the Met Office!).
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Royal College of Psychiatrist approved Job Description for full detail of the role.
The post holder is required to:
- Provide specialist medical/psychiatric assessment, treatment and care for people who require acute services and are presenting to the Emergency department in Princess Royal hospital and their carers.
- Provide specialist medical advice and consultation to a range of health staff as appropriate to promote effective delivery of person centred mental health care. This includes specialist advice and consultation towards care for people presenting to the Urgent treatment Centre in Crawley.
- Provide consultation to colleagues from various disciplines from acute care at Princess Royal hospital.
- Provide clinical leadership, support and advice to the multi-disciplinary team
- Offer training to professional audiences as appropriate to improve the quality of mental health-care locally
- Participate in planning and developing local Mental Health Services and to contribute constructively to improving the standards of mental health care offered by Sussex Partnership NHS Trust.
- Operate within the professional code of conduct, guidelines, policies, procedures and legislation relevant to the post.
- Provide clinical advice and liaison as required to colleagues in primary care, community services and acute specialties. The post-holder will provide annual leave cover to colleague in Assertive Outreach team. There are opportunities to attend an education programme locally with peers.
.Person SpecificationEssential and desirableEssential
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Dual training in General Adult and older persons mental health
- Endorsement in Liaison Psychiatry
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Princess Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.