Hampshire CAMHS has a strong and on-going commitment to providing Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy for children and families. We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Child & Adolescent Psychotherapist to join us in the Basingstoke team.
Psychotherapy is a highly valued and protected part of the Psychological Therapies service which includes Creative Therapy, Family Systemic Psychotherapy and specialist Children in Care provision. We are looking for a creative and motivated colleague committed to our CAP values and core principles in offering and developing psychotherapy within our teams.
Please be aware that anyone applying for a post with CAMHS Hampshire will be subject to TUPE transfer.
Under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment Regulations) (TUPE) all substantive Hampshire CAMHS staff who are employed by Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SPFT) will transfer to either Southern Health Foundation Trust, or to Surrey and Borders Foundation Trust. The TUPE transfer from Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust effective from 1st February 2024.
The Consultation document for TUPE transfer will be made available for all successful applicantsMain duties of the job
Your unique and specialist skills, training and experience will support Psychotherapy specialist assessments and interventions for children, young people and their families with mental health problems, including young people with developmental and complex trauma, diverse needs, children in need and looked after children and young people, parents and carers.
Opportunities to contribute to innovations and development are strongly advocated within CAP and our service. We encourage leadership at all levels including supervision, consultation and observed practice. In this way we support teams and multi-professional colleagues and referrers in working collaboratively.
We welcome flexibility, forward thinking and your contribution to team culture and processes. This includes CAMHS risk assessments, care plans, individual and group interventions and reflective practice.About us
The successful psychotherapist will be fully supported by our new to CAMHS training, Consultant Therapies and Clinical CAP leadership and our team of child and adolescent psychotherapists. We value our time to think together, to share learning experiences, theoretical practice and work together on new models of care and development. The Trust provides a supervision package combining individual, management and clinical supervision, continuing professional development and regular group psychotherapy meetings.
Hampshire CAMHS is a forward-thinking and evolving service, which has grown considerably over the last few years due to considerable investment.
We have community as well as specialist teams, and work together with other organisations across the county to provide evidence-based high-quality care to the young people who need our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Full details are available in the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
You will have a core qualification in clinical Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and experience in child and adolescent mental health. You will be registered or registerable with ACP.
Please note that if you do not have a core qualification and are not a registered clinician (or eligible for registration) we will be unable to shortlist you.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Recognized postgraduate level training in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy conferring eligibility for full membership of the Association of Child Psychotherapists.
- Professionally registered with the Association of Child Psychotherapists
- Evidence of relevant continuing professional development.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- At least 4 years experience of delivering specialist psychoanalytic psychotherapy (assessment, formulation and treatment) maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- A high level of competence in applying a child psychotherapy to complex difficulties and a proven track record of delivering positive outcomes in this therapy
- Substantial experience in mental health gained during and/or after child psychotherapy training
- Experience of offering teaching, training and supervision within a demanding organisational context.
- A clear and theoretically informed approach to supervision
- Experience of representing psychoanalytic psycho therapy within the context of multi-disciplinary care within a complex organisational context.
- Significant experience of working with the particular client group served by the team/service
- Knowledge of guidance and legislation in relation to the client group.
- A high level specialist knowledge of the theory and practice of specialist psychoanalytic psychotherapy, as applied to the client group using this service.
- Experience of the application of child psychotherapy in different cultural contexts and experience of working within a multicultural framework.
- Evidence of continuing professional development as required by the Association of Child Psychotherapists.
- Experience of conducting formal research, audit or service evaluation in a healthcare setting
- Lived experience of mental health issues.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.