An opportunity has arisen to join the countywide community continence service and provide continence promotion, education, and direct patient care for patients with continence problems. This will predominantly be in the south Worcestershire area. It will include home visits, clinics and working from home. The work base will be discussed with applicants at interview.
The successful applicant will have experience in continence care including continence assessments and reviews and manage their own caseload. They will need to be a keen team member with a flexible approach and have effective communication skills.
Appropriate training will be given and there is a robust supervision model the applicant will benefit from.
We will also provide resources to develop as well as flexibility, continual professional development and a wide range of wellbeing and support.
There is also flexibility how the 37.5 hours can be worked.
If you would like to discuss informally if this is the right role for you, get in touch with Recruiting Manager which can be found on the top right-hand side of the advert. Main duties of the job
In this role you will complete continence assessments and reassessments for patients with bladder and bowel problems and establish a reason for their symptoms. Once these are established you will support the individual, carers and work alongside other relevant professionals to improve symptoms and promote continence, otherwise effectively manage incontinence.
You will manage your own caseload and reassess and evaluate care according to clinical need. This may be in patients own homes including care homes, in community clinics or via the telephone.
You will act as a resource and provide education, training and advice to patients and staff regarding continence promotion and best practice. You will contribute to the implementation of new continence policies, procedures and guidelines across organisations. You will also attend MDT meetings with acute trust.
You will attend regular team meetings and participate in clinical supervision and reflective practice.About us
At Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, we are working together to deliver outstanding care. We run community hospitals and community health services across Worcestershire and provide mental health and learning disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Our people (all 4500+ of them) provide services for people of all ages, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions from over 100 sites.
We will support you to thrive offer flexible working options for a great work-life balance, help you fulfil your ambitions, and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. Its why we were named Large Apprenticeship Employer of the Year award at the 2022 Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, cultures, and ethnicities.What we offer
- 27 days leave plus bank holidays, increasing up to 33 days with long service
- Generous NHS pension and enhanced pay when you work unsocial hours
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- Great maternity, paternity, and adoption support
- Wide range of staff networks such as LGBT+ and ENRICH (Equality Network for Race Inclusion and Cultural Heritage)
- Health service discounts and online benefits including excellent cycle to work and car salary sacrifice schemes
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
If you would like to know more, please visit our careers website.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Carry out skilled evidence-based nursing care promoting continence and effectively managing incontinence
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to clinical assessment of patients in the light of current research and resources
- Deal in a sensitive and confidential manner with patients suffering with incontinence, acknowledging the stigma, anxiety and social isolation, which often accompany this condition.
- Keep updated with new developments in the promotion of continence
- Be responsible for the identification and reporting of any risks and ensure that appropriate action is taken for risks identified
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Teaching qualification or experience
- ENB 978 promotion of continence
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
- Demonstrates commitment to own professional development
- Versatile and adaptable
- Team player
- Evidence of experience working with continence assessment, treatment and management plans
- Experience of interdisciplinary working
- Experience of working autonomously
- Experience of working in the community
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Specialist level of knowledge of assessment, management and the latest developments in continence care
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to manage own caseload
- Role modelling good behaviour
- A positive attitude and able to act on feedback
- Ability to praise and be supportive to others
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
1 Kings Court
Charles Hastings Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.