The main purpose of the role is to carry out a schedule of pre-planned maintenance works to comply with statutory and mandatory compliance regulations. You will also be carrying out reactive works as a part of our PPM programme.
You will be part of a small , busy team maintaining the Trusts properties in the Teesside areas using the Estates Transport where necessary.
Due to the nature of the role it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the locality and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Work is distributed using the MICAD and Zetasafe programs so an awareness of this type of system would be an advantage, but all relevent training will be given.Main duties of the job
To provide an efficient and cost-effective maintenance and repair service to all properties owned or leased by the Trust.
Carry out installation and improvement works across all contracted sites, in accordance with organisational standards and national legislation.
To assist other trades and contractors, in accordance with service need.
To ensure that all tools, equipment and machinery used in the performance of duties are tested and maintained to meet current requirements at all times.
To ensure that work is undertaken at all times in accordance with Health and Safety requirements to ensure the environment remains safe for patients, staff, contractors and visitors to the Trust.
Participates in the Estates out of hours on-call service.
To promote at all times a positive image of people with mental health conditions and/or learning disabilities.
To promote at all times a positive image of the Estates Department and the wider Trust.
Perform duties covering the maintenance and operation of equipment including statutory testing of safety devices and specialised plant.
Whilst on-call the post holder is required to demonstrate a high degree of cross trade flexibility beyond the boundaries of their core skills including electrical and building maintenance works supported with in-house training.About us
You will be working with a small engineering team based in Teesside. We regularly liaise with our building colleagues to assist each other where necessary to carry out our workloads.
Potentially you could be asked to work in the Durham or Scarborough area on a temporary basis should the need arise.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Knowledge, Skills and ExperienceEssential
- Successful completion of a recognised mechanical bias apprenticeship
- NVQ Level 3 (mechanical bias) or equivalent and relevant qualification
- Numeracy and Literacy to level 2
- Working knowledge of H& C water systems in complex properties
- Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical plant including boilers and diesel engines
- Good working knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Good working knowledge of British Standards and ACOPs relevant to the trade
- Understanding of associated trades and relationships
- Ability to participate in the On-Call rota
- To be able to manage time and prioritise appropriately
- Able to demonstrate thoroughness and attention detail
- Experience of working in an NHS environment
- Multi-skilled mechanical experience
- Significant post apprenticeship experience
- Working knowledge of Gas Safe legislation
- Working knowledge of the Water Regulation Advisory Scheme
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work in accordance with the Staff Compact and Trust Values and behaviours
- Able to use own initiative and work effectively as part of a team
- Willingness to undertake semi-skilled and non-plumbing tasks as required
- Willing to undertake further multi-skilled training
- Committed to continued personal development
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Acklam Road Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.