The Directorate of Ear, Nose & Throat is seeking to recruit an Surgical & Secretarial Service Co-ordinator for the Head & Neck Care Group.
We are looking for a suitably experienced and enthusiastic individual to come and join the ENT Management Team based at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital.
Working in partnership with our team of secretarial waiting list co-ordinators and audio typists, this important and key managerial role has responsibility for managing and coordinating administrative services and for Staff management and development, Operational and Service coordination, and service development.
In addition, this post holder will have an opportunity to influence and shape future service developments the senior management team are planning to implement to improve our processes and achieve excellence in all elements of performance and patient care. This is a job share role and the working day's are fixed to Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 22.5 hours per week.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will have extensive admin experience in inpatient services and need to be an excellent team player. Ideally, they will be confident in their ability to manage staff and when dealing with challenging situations. We are looking to appoint a motivated individual who be able to work using their own initiative and will have excellent communication and organisational skills.About us
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes a firm commitment to professional development of it's staff together with the provision of an excellent health and well-being support service.
The Directorate provides a high quality emergency, secondary and regional specialist service in Ears, Nose & Throat and its allied disciplines, Hearing Services and Audio-Vestibular Medicine.
This role is pivotal in enabling the Directorate to provide a high-quality, comprehensive and professional clinical and administrative service to patients, relatives, carers and other internal and external stakeholders.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in a relevant management, administration or IT subject
- A-level standard of education or equivalent experience / qualifications.
- I.T. qualification(s)
- Relevant accredited management qualification(s)
- Working in an NHS Hospital
- Staff management and supervisory experience
- Administration of out-patient clinics and elective surgery
- Providing training
- Patient Administration and Trust I.T. systems
- Demonstrable track record working with healthcare targets such as the 18-week RTTP and Cancer Waiting Times (CWT)
- Evidence of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of professionals (the MDT) and service users/customers
- Experience communicating directly with patients, carers & relatives, both face-to-face and over the 'phone
- An awareness of the challenges currently facing the NHS
- Experience working within ENT or the Head & Neck Care Group
- Experience planning healthcare services
- Proven experience of effectively using management information to manage capacity and demand and produce reports to analyse and share data.
- Experience using Lorenzo
- Experience delivering Cancer Waiting Time (CWT) targets
- CWT tracking and MDT co-ordination experience
- Experience using InfoFlex
- Experience using databases (e.g. MS Access) to manage information as well as share and analyse data
- Comprehensive understanding of procedures and policies for using and maintaining the above databases
- Experience of undertaking audits and co-ordinating patient surveys.
- Experience investigating incidents reported on the Datix on-line system
- Knowledge of STH Access policies including admitted and non admitted targets
- Awareness of STH Trust policies and procedures
- Demonstrable leadership qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills encompassing both teamwork and customer service
- Highly developed organisational skills including the ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritise one's own workload and that of others
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- An eye for detail whilst maintaining an active appreciation of the bigger picture
- Ability to solve problems and respond to issues as they arise
- Good standard of I.T. literacy and keyboard skills including the use of Microsoft Office software packages
- Flexible approach to work
- A positive, polite and professional attitude to meet service needs
- Working knowledge of confidentiality, related legislation and codes of practice
- An understanding of clinical governance, including risk assessments and incident investigation and resolution
- Willingness and ability to travel to other hospital sites when required
- Evidence of further job-relevant education and training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Supervisory/management training
- Attendance on relevant STH courses (e.g. managing attendance, capability, conduct and/or conducting appraisals)
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Hallamshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.