Would you like to join a cohesive, supportive and forward looking team? Then take a look at this role. We are keen to welcome an experienced Information Governance colleague to help us drive our plans forward. The role is full time and flexible working can be considered. If you are interested then please make contact to discuss the role further. Proposed interview dates: 13th and 14th December 2023Main duties of the job
As an Information Governance Manager, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team to facilitate organisational compliance with Information Governance including records management legislation and national guidelines, ensuring organisational standards meet the requirements of the Data Security Protection Toolkit, that employees are fully informed of their own responsibilities and that public/staff are informed of their rights.
The post holder will deputise for the Head of Information Governance as required.About us
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Approximately 568,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.Person SpecificationEducation / Qualifications and Relevant ExperienceEssential
Skills and AptitudeEssential
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in specialist area
- Further training or significant experience in project management, financial management or supporting change management processes
- Have completed or willing to undertake Data Protection/Freedom of Information training
- Have worked within specialised area of Information Governance & records management for a substantial amount of time
- Familiarity with the Data Security Protection Toolkit requirements and administration
Knowledge and abilitiesEssential
- Works well with others, is positive and helpful, listens, involves, respects and learns from the contribution of others
- Consistently looks to improve what they do, looks for successful tried and tested ways of working, and also seeks out innovation
- Actively develops themselves and supports others to do the same
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of Information Governance and associated legislation and national standards, including Data Protection, Records Management, Information Security & Risk, Freedom of Information and associated regulators requirements
- Able to carry out research and audits to collect and analyse data providing a report and recommendations at Committee level
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.