Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you motivated, innovative and forward thinking with passion to develop new skills within the haematology and oncology Day Unit.
An opportunity has arisen for a band 6 permanent positionin the Haematology Oncology Day Unit for a dynamic person with strong skills in Systemic anti cancer treatment (SACTs).
You will be supported by a highly experienced team including the Unit Manager, in the management of caring for patients and their family going through different cancer pathways.
This is an exciting role and you will need to have excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to foster good working relationships, offering care in a kind and compassionate manner.
You will be expected to work shifts between Monday-Friday 8:30-19:00 for anticancer treatments and Saturdays 8:30-16:30 for blood transfusion clinic.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be working closely with the multidisciplinary team and required to be responsible to demonstrate strong clinical, eager to support the team, patient focus and to maintain excellence at all times.
The appointed candidate will be supported to enhance their haematology and oncology clinical skills and leadership development.
To provide clinical expertise to the Unit Team and develop practice. To work in close liaison with the Unit Manager, and other Deputy Sister/ Deputy Charge Nurses, Matrons, Practice Development Team (PDT) and the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) to provide the highest quality of assessment and evaluated care required to support each patient in their care pathway and improve the patient experience. To act as a clinical nurse leader, taking responsibility for the professional development of yourself and a group of nurses.About us
We are committed to ensure a work-life balance to all our staff by offering full time and part time roles, flexible working hours on a shift pattern to fit around your family life.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates form our local communities.
Benefits to you
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- 27 days annual leave for new starters, rising to 29 days after five years of service and 33 days after 10 years of service, plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff)
- NHS Pension Scheme:
- Flexible working opportunities
- Increased hourly rates for unsociable hours e.g. night shifts, weekends, bank holidays
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- In-house physiotherapy Service
- On-site canteens with subsidised meals
- Subsidised staff parking (currently free).
- Free Stagecoach Bus Travel to and from work within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Maintain clinical credibility to act as a role model and take a lead role in the patients journey.
- Develop own clinical practice and skills through training and education.
- Be aware of the safeguarding agenda. Role model best practice in line with safeguarding policy, ensuring protection and identification of vulnerable patients.
- Working with the ward team and wider MDT, develop productive ways of working to deliver best care to patients. Identify new ways of working to improve the patient experience.
- Act as patient advocate through the application of ethical, legal and professional knowledge and skills as required.
- NMC registered
- 3 Years experience within speciality/acute care area
- Completed or undertaking a first level degree in Nursing/Health Studies
- Teaching Qualification - ENB 998 or equivalent, City & Guilds 730or mentorship module
- Completion of recognised chemotherapy qualification and experience in administering chemotherapy
- Evidence of leadership qualities
- Expert clinical role model who is committed to improvement of standards and patient care
- ILS Trained
- Leadership Course
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Management qualification
- Post registration qualification relevant to Haematology/Oncology
- Experience of managing teams
- Evidence of being a Reflective Practitioner
- Previous management experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of holistic care
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Peterborough City Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.