Specialist CAMHS Practitioner/ Single Point of Entry Triage Assessment pathway (3.5 days per week)
We are looking for a creative, forward thinking and motivated senior clinician to join our friendly and professionalmulti-disciplinary Bedfordshire and Luton CAMHS Service. The post holder will be working as part of a teamwithin our countywide CAMHS Triage Team.Main duties of the job
The post holder will undertake rapid triage and assessment for all referrals into the Bedfordshire / Luton CAMHSservice. The post holder will work within the principles of both the agreed models of care for the services as laiddown in the Single Point of Entry operational policy.
The post holder will work as an autonomous and accountable practitioner under the leadership of the CAMHSTriage Clinical Lead. This will involve the triage, assessment and signposting of all referrals into the system basedon the referral pathways providing effective liaison with all agencies involved with the referral for the youngperson and their families/carers.
The post holder will may also be required to undertake further assessment, treatment and onward signpostingfor CAMHS referrals dependant on the treatment pathway, in accordance with the CAMHS Front Operational guidelines.
The post holder will be required to undertake clinical assessments across Bedfordshire / Luton.About us
Bedfordshire and Luton CAMHS has a thriving service-user participation group which meets regularly to considerservice development initiatives. The post-holder will be expected to contribute to the service-user program,ensuring that the views of CYP with developmental disorders, and their carers, are represented in ourparticipation program. The successful applicant would have the opportunity to initiate a quality improvement program, as well as be part of all service-wide meetings and developments.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Our clinics are readily accessible from North London (Luton / Dunstable) or Milton Keynes and Northampton(Bedford). ELFT offers attractive recruitment packages and we are committed to offering our staff the opportunity to develop their skills.Person SpecificationEducation/ Qualification/ TrainingEssential
- oProfessional training in at least one of the recognized professions eg nursing, social worker, psychology, family therapy, art / drama therapy.
- With: oProfessional registration with governing body (ie: HCCP, NMC, HPCP)
- oExperience of working within mental health settings.
- oStrong clinical experience of care planning, assessment and goal setting.
- oExperience of working in a culturally diverse Inner city area
- oExperience of working in a multi-disciplinary way
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- oPrevious experience of working in CAMHS
- oExperience of working with a wide range of CAMHS problems
- oSkilled in emergency and crisis assessments
- oSpecialist clinical skills within in specific therapeutic modalities
- oAble to manage own time and workload
- oExcellent verbal and written communication skills
- oEvidence of ability to support and influence others
- oAble to work effectively across organisational boundaries
- oTeaching skills, both in clinical setting and education centres
- oBasic computer skills
- oEvidence of well-developed clinical skills and knowledge in CAMHS
- oA high degree of self-awareness and an ability to reflect on personal and professional attitudes and accept feedback
- oKnowledge of specific inner city issues which impact of care delivery
- oKnowledge of the Children's Act and other appropriate legislation
- oKnowledge of standard setting and audit implementation
- oAn awareness of different research methods
- oA working knowledge of Child Protection Guidelines
- oKnowledge of development in inter agency partnership
- oAwareness of current national guidelines and policies in the field of CAMHS
- oSpecific knowledge of pertinent issues for CAMHS
- oKnowledge of The Mental Health Act 1983 (amended 2007) and associated legislation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oCommitment to equal opportunities
- oSelf-motivated, assertive and flexible
- oProven qualities in sustaining the mental, emotional and physical demands of specialised therapeutic work with disturbed and distressed children, adolescents and their families'/carer networks.
- oFreedom to act: Physical effort: Confined sitting position(triage) travelling within community
- oMental effort: writing reports planning teaching concentrating for triage clinical supervision managing psychiatric emergencies
- oEmotional effort: Dealing with families in breakdown experiencing trauma and abuse occasional patient complaints conveying of unwelcome news
- oWorking conditions: Occasional unpredictable clinical scenarios e.g. emergency home visits travel in community all weathers.
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.