We have an exciting opportunity for a CT radiographer to join the existing CT Team.
We are looking for someone with a post-graduate qualification in CT or a minimum of one years recent experience in CT who is ready to work within our busy departments including out of hours work.
You will be expected to deliver a high quality CT service, accurately and efficiently, whilst maintaining your professionalism.Main duties of the job
We currently have three CT scanners for the Trust, a GE Optima 660 on the Calderdale site, and a Toshiba Aquilion Prime and a GE Optima 660 on the Huddersfield site. A fourth CT scanner is being installed at CRH in 2024.We provide both an out-patient and in-patient service including an overnight/out of hours service, and a range of examinations are performed including cardiac, virtual colonoscopy , biopsies, msk, trauma and head and body scans.You will be working in a busy environment across both sites. With the relevant amount of experience you will also participate in the CTovernight service.You will be required to work both within the team and autonomously. You should have excellent communication skills and be committed to providing a high standard of care.About us
We understand that whether you're just starting out or have plenty of experience, moving jobs can be both exciting and daunting, but you've made a great choice in considering joining Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust (CHFT). We are an exceptional place to work with remarkable teams of hard working and dedicated clinical and non-clinical staff all delivering high standards of patient care.
Operating on an ethos of 'one culture of care', where we look after each other with the same care and compassion that we show to our patients, colleague engagement, and creating an open, honest and inclusive organisation is high on our agendaJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- Accept referrals from other clinicians and be responsible for the care of those patients as per agreed protocols.
- Undertake out of hours duties as necessary.
- Able to deal with high pressure demands from service users, ensuring patient care is not compromised.
- Work as part of a team on all CT scanners within the Trust, but also autonomously, prioritising and managing own workload.
- HPC Registration
- IV Cannulation Course
- Post Graduate Qualification in modality
- Good broad experience of general radiography and evidence of recent continuous experience in speciality
- Minimum 2 years post BSc/DCR
Special Knowledge/ ExpertiseEssential
- Experience in other modalities
- Good working knowledge of the Ionising Regulations and Health and Safety at work policies
- Evidence of involvement in Research and Audit
Practical/Intellectual Skills/Personal QualitiesEssential
- Recent manual handling training
- Evidence of self-development
- Attendance at relevant study days and courses
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to use initiative, be methodical, accurate and practical.
- IT keyboard skills and computer literate
- Friendly, reliable, good communicator and team worker
- Ability to organise other staff,prioritise work and solve problems
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Huddersfield Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.