An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager to join the CDG 8A management team, within the Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism team. The post holder will be joining the Division at an exciting time where we are focused on our recovery, working on new opportunities to improve our services and overall experience for our patients. This role will have operational responsibility for their Specialty at one or more of the UHB sites this comprises the delivery of Referral to Treatment performance and quality KPIs, finance - ensuring value for money and workforce including workforce KPIs, workforce planning and effectiveness of rotas. You will also contribute to strategic planning, levelling up services, for continuous service improvement.
The role demands excellent prioritisation skills, problem-solving abilities and a collaborative approach. You will have experience in management/leadership with an eye for detail and excellent interpersonal skills with proven experience of working operationally in an NHS environment.
You will need to be resilient, flexible to changing daily priorities and remain calm under pressure. In return you will receive an excellent support network, training opportunities and a real chance to excel within a highly motivated team.
The role will provide an insight into multiple pathways and exposure to senior management teams offering an ideal opportunity for development into a senior operational role.Main duties of the job
To programme manage service developments as requested by the General Manager.
Assist in the formulation of business cases as required to support service developments, in conjunction with General Manager.
To ensure that the operational performance of their assigned areas is effectively managed to meet agreed Trust and Divisional objectives.
Work with the Deputy Divisional Director of Operations, Clinical Service Leads, Senior Nurses and General Manager to ensure achievement of access standards for delegated specialties.
To monitor performance against activity targets and other service objectives. To ensure that all national and locally agreed access standards and booking targets are understood and met.
To ensure the delivery of key performance standards for designated areas within the Division escalating any variances and providing action plans as required.
To interrogate and analyse Trust information systems to ensure the availability, quality and timeliness of information and data to support management planning and performance processes for all ad hoc, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual returns.
Ensure that agreed income, expenditure, cost improvement, productivity and efficiency plans are developed, authorised and delivered and where necessary undertake timely corrective action to rectify under-performance.
The presentation will be on the same day as interview and will be relevant to the title How I will drive effective change while showcasing compassionate leadership.About us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- *Educated to degree level or equivalent
- *Post graduate management experience or equivalent knowledge obtained through a combination of continuous professional development & training courses.
- *Considerable experience of Knowledge and experience of budgetary management including sound working knowledge of revenue expenditure, budgets, capital including forecasting trends.
- *Experience of developing service opportunities, through business planning, monitoring, and leading the implementation of successful change management processes.
- *Evidence of success in the management of a multidisciplinary environment.
- *Evidence of significant achievement and personal contribution to organization success.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- *Evidence of delivering excellent standards of patient care.
- *Ability to make independent decisions when appropriate.
- *Good communication and influencing skills including the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- *Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- *Good presentation skills making use of software packages and an ability to meet the needs of recipients with different levels of understanding.
- *Operational/organizational skills and ability to prioritise work under pressure.
- *Ability to understand complex issues, problem solve and propose solutions.
- *Ability to work in a competitive market.
- *A good understanding of clinical governance, risk management and health and safety principles.
- *Clear understanding of the NHS agenda.
- *A commitment to improving patient services through an ability to sustain a clear performance focus on achieving demanding goals.
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.