We are currently looking to recruit to our Antenatal and Newborn Screening Coordinator Team, who are pivotal in ensuring our national screening programme is delivered effectively and efficiently.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Band 6 or 7 midwife to take on the role of Antenatal Screening Coordinator
A complete development package is available and you will be fully supported through your transition to this vital role.
You will work alongside another experienced Antenatal Screening Coordinator and will only work as the sole band 7 when you have completed your competencies and you feel ready to take the next step.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be based in Antenatal Clinic
They will have a high awareness level and strong understanding of antenatal and newborn screening and the importance of application to the role, in addition to involvement with research development, standard setting and audits.
Strong communication is essential in this role. The ability to work as part of team and lead the team is pivotal to the effective delivery of safe care.About us
We are a small but progressive maternity service and we work collaboratively across the LMNS.
Our vision is to provide safe, friendly, effective care for all our mothers and families.
The James Paget Hospital is a district general hospital caring for it's local population and working with its healthcare partners regionally. It is an NHS Foundation Trust and is currently rated REQUIRES IMPROVEMENT by the CQCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationEducation and qualificationsEssential
- To practice midwifery working flexibly throughout the maternity service as
- To demonstrate by example and provide on-going monitoring of professional standards for midwifery care and practice.
- To keep up to date with clinical and professional developments and enable staff to contribute to proposals and changes in practice.
- To liaise with the Obstetric Lead for Antenatal Screening to implement and support the Antenatal and Neonatal Screening service.
- To devise and contribute to the formulation and setting of multidisciplinary guidelines and policies, which are evidence based and ensures that staff have access to and act within relevant Trust Policies and procedures.
- To review the existing provision of Antenatal and Neonatal Screening within the maternity service and establish an infrastructure that will deliver a level of service, which is equitable, evidence-based and consistent with the recommendations of the National Screening Committee.
- To liaise with the Regional Antenatal Screening Co-ordinator regarding implementation of the screening programme at local level
- Registered Midwife
- Diploma/Degree or equivalent in Midwifery
- Teaching Qualification (ENB 997 or equivalent)
- Demonstrate evidence of Clinical Research/Audit methods
- Willing to undertake further training relevant to post
Experience and knowledgeEssential
- Evidence of management experience
- Professional Midwifery Advocate
- Counselling certificate
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Band 6 Midwife or equivalent incorporating an antenatal component
- Knowledge of all aspects of Midwifery/High Risk Obstetrics
- Knowledge of national objectives/directives regarding antenatal screening
- Experience in: - Early pregnancy complications Antenatal Care Antenatal Screening
- Experience of teaching and mentorship within the clinical setting
- Evidence of attendance at audit meetings
- Multi agency working
Skills, abilities and competenEssential
- Management Skills
- Knowledge of genetic counselling
- Project management
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Evidence of good record keeping
- Report writing
- Demonstrate evidenced based practice
- Ability to formulate, review and update guidelines, protocols and standards
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to make informed decisions
- Knowledge of Key Government Papers, Policies and Reports
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of issues for the NHS, e.g. NICE, RCOG, ANNB
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Courteous and Respectful
- Kind and Helpful
- Responsive Communication
- Effective and Professional
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Gorleston, Great Yarmouth
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.