Main duties of the job
- The main element of the job is to provide a comprehensive, efficient, timely and professional management accounting service to the Corporate & Research Division of the trust.
- The post holder will deputise for the Corporate Business Partner in management accounting issues as appropriate. Providing a professional and managerial leadership to the Management Accounts function
About usThe Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic NHS Trust (RJAH)
- Act as key senior financial contact for the corporate & Research cost centres with the assistance of the assistant business partner deliver day to day business
- Provide advice to the corporate areas on complex financial issues and negotiate with external organisations over cost.
- Discuss complex financial queries with suppliers, customers and other organisations which are often reasons for delayed payment and other sensitive issues.
- Assist with the collation of complex data for external reporting requirements to NHSi working alongside the Financial Accounting team.
is one of the leading orthopaedic hospitals in the country, with some of the highest levels of staff and patient satisfaction, as well as a strong reputation for research and innovation.
Joining RJAH is more than just a job - we want our people to have the best opportunities to thrive in their role.We have a range of fantastic staff benefits on offer to everyone who joins RJAH and you'll have access to outstanding professional development opportunities and state-of-the-art facilities - including our recently-opened �6 million Headley Court Veterans' Orthopaedic Centre (the first unit of its kind in the UK).RJAH has strong links with a range of universities including Staffordshire, Keele, Glyndwr, Chester and Birmingham.The hospital is located on a site outside Oswestry in Oswestry, just off the A5. The nearest train station is in Gobowen, approximately two miles from the hospital. The station is part of the Chester to Birmingham line.We are based in North Shropshire, close to the border with North and Mid Wales. It is one of the most attractive parts of the country, with a rich historic culture and excellent transport links. It offers outstanding opportunities for anyone who enjoys an outdoor lifestyle or is looking to raise a family.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationStudyEssential Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- To provide assurance to the Corporate Finance Business Partner of the quality of historic and forecast financial information through completion of a comprehensive analytical review process.
- To maintain schedules reconciling CIP delivery with year on year comparisons and distinguish between cost avoidance, cost reduction, income generation and increased use of capacity. To maintain CIP tracking schedules to support reporting to Trust Committees
- To maintain the Procurement savings work plan, validate savings and ensure savings are reflected in financial forecasts and plans.
- To work closely with the Procurement team to maximize the value of appropriate spend managed through the catalogue.
- Lead the weekly reporting and forecasting of agency costs.
Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.