Specialist Physiotherapist - Medicine Rehabilitation
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a specialist physiotherapist who is passionate about rehabilitation to join the physiotherapy team at Cardiff and Vale UHB. The successful candidate will have specialist clinical knowledge and experience at a senior level in the field of medicine rehabilitation. Main duties of the job
You will work alongside members of the multidisciplinary team to assess, treat, refer and signpost to support discharging home, as well as prevent further readmissions and prevent deconditioning. This will include complex discharge planning. The patient group is considered as being acute and sub acute. We are looking for someone who can inspire those that they work with and supervise within the team.
You will need to be able to demonstrate a wide range of clinical skills in working with frail older adults. In addition to your clinical skills you will require proven problem solving skills, resilience and flexibility in dealing with changes in service provision. You will have responsibility for supervising physiotherapists and support staff within the service. You require good time management, and prioritising skills working closely with the rehabilitation team members. There will be support for Continuous Professional Development in line with the KSF outline.In addition to the above, we are looking for someone who shares our values where we trust and respect each other, where we take personal responsibility and act with integrity, where we treat people with kindness.The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for these post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About usCardiff and Vale University Health Board
is one of the largest Integrated Health Boards in the UK, employing over 15,000 staff, providing over 100 specialist services. Working across 6 hospital sites, we have a diverse range of career opportunities to offer. Serving around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, we are focussed on the health and care needs of our local population whilst working with our partners to develop regional services.
Our mission isCaring for People, Keeping People Well,
and our vision is that every person's chance of leading a healthy life should be equal. As an organisation we are unashamedly ambitious for our population's health, rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow through our 10-year strategy, Shaping our Future Wellbeing. We are contributing to a healthier Wales with great emphasis placed on innovation and improvement, learning from around the world and leading the way in clinical research. Partnership working is strong at Cardiff and Vale, and we work closely with our staff and our community.
Cardiff, the thriving Welsh capital, is a fantastic city to live and work in with an abundance of sports, arts and cultural attractions. Situated to the west of Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan offers a combination of beautiful Welsh countryside and a dramatic natural coastline. Whether city life or rural living, Cardiff and the Vale offers the best of both worldsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- H.C.P.C. Registered Physiotherapist
- Significant post registration experience in a physiotherapy position
- Experience as working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of providing clinical supervision
- Experience of working in the NHS as a qualified physiotherapist
- oExperience of working with the elderly population including those with dementia
- Ability to demonstrate specialist skills within the field of rehabilitation
- Ability to communicate well with healthcare professional, people with communication difficulties and the public
- Ability to motivate others
- Adaptive team player
- Presentation and training skills
- Competent digital technology skills.
- Specialist physiotherapy clinical knowledge in the field of elderly rehabilitation
- Evidence of relevant post graduate training courses
- Ability cope under pressure/ resilience
- Friendly and approachable
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to travel, in a timely manner to meet the requirements of the job, this may include cross site working or various locations, carrying sensitive information and bulky equipment (if applicable to role)
Cardiff and Vale University Health BoardAddress
University Hospital of Wales
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.