We are looking to recruit to our pivotal Senior Building Manager role. The potholder's primary focus will be to ensure by the efficient use of resources that the land, buildings, and property are safe and fit for purpose. Ensuring parity of service and compliance and adherence to procedures and policies, including all statutory & non statutory instruments including but not limited to Health Technical Memorandums, Hospital Building Notes and best practice.
The primary purpose of this role is to professionally support the provision and management of strategic and day to day Operational Estates building and engineering services for the estates function in support of the needs of patients, visitors and staff and for ensuring the environment is presentable and capacity for patients is not affected.
This includes activities that may be demanding and/or non-routine, ensuring compliance with Trust safety standards, policies and procedures. Provide direction and support to the Estates Operations Managers and Officers with the management and implementation of the planned engineering/building maintenance programmes for the Trust to ensure compliance with key standards, both legislative and performance related (as defined through Service Level Agreement) - also meeting where necessary the requirements of the NHSLA.Main duties of the job
On a day to day basis, tasks will include:-
- Be professionally responsible for compliance with various legislative requirements such as asbestos, fire safety, environmental protection and building regulations.
- Work within estates and facilities management team to provide a safe, appropriate and cost effective environment for effective healthcare delivery.
- Manage contractors and specialist contractors carrying out planned and reactive maintenance.
- Take part in the estates on call arrangements
- Prepare, implement and deliver a documented maintenance programme (both planned and reactive) for all assigned assets.
- Organise and supervise minor contracted building maintenance and improvements works.
- Responsible for design, detailed specification, procurement, planning, implementation, project management and contract administration of all projects related to compliance and associated remedial works arising from in house and specialist audits.
- To be responsible for managing and complying with all statutory instruments and guidance ensuring best practice related to the Trust's building installations.
- Conduct training, competence assessments and audits on the technical staff groups within the department as required.
We are looking for a values-driven professional who has a creative and agile mind-set, motivated to always look at how things can be continually improved and who thrives in an environment of innovation, change management, cost improvement, new ways of working and ideas, motivating staff and has a constant focus on improving the patient experience. You will be adept at building successful relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and have a collaborative and partnership style of working and bring credibility and confidence to contribute to our agenda
We offer flexible working arrangements and promote agile working with on-site presence as and when the required. This role is full time - 37.5 hours per week.
You will be given all the support you need to steer the department to be an always improving team that is delivering, performing and operating a safe and compliant estate and environment.
In return for your hard work & commitment we will offer you:-
- A competitive salary of �50,952 - �57,349 pa pro rata
- Access to an industry leading pension scheme where your employer pays in 20.3%!
- A raft of local and national discounts across shopping, insurance, holidays and many more
- An environment that challenges you but supports your efforts and development
If this sounds like a role you could strive in, apply today!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for full details of role and responsibilities.Person SpecificationPerson SpecEssential
- Degree in Building Surveying, related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Must have additional post-graduate level knowledge either through a relevant Masters' qualification or equivalent experience
- P405 Management of Asbestos in Buildings, or working towards.
- Substantial full-time specialist experience gained from working in a complex multi-site health care engineering environment.
- Knowledge of maintenance methodologies
- Knowledge of HTM's, HBN's and Estates specific legislation.
- Line management, training and facilitation experience.
- Experience of working within and developing a 'safe system of work' and dealing with health and safety issues.
- Experience of developing, agreeing and delivering new policies and procedures.
- Experience of Project Management including the concurrent management of multiple projects.
- Ability to analyse data and produce reports using a range of software packages. Experience of creating and giving presentations to varied group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of energy efficient working practices Demonstrable track record of working effectively within and through multi-disciplinary teams
- Pro-active and takes responsibility
- Willing to learn, open to change
- Able to work independently and exercise a high degree of professional judgement
- Ability to plan and organise in coordination with contractors unsupervised routine and complex maintenance, analysis, solution finding and repair work
- Communicates highly complex, sensitive or contentious information to a wide range of individuals and groups at all levels internally and externally, both verbally and in writing able to tailor to specific audiences and including situations where there are significant barriers to acceptance
- Proactive, self-motivated
- Innovative, flexible
- Ability to solve challenging problems with creative thinking.
- Able to use small tools and carry out fine adjustments to building services on a regular basis
- Able to carry out routine and emergency maintenance on engineering and building systems on a routine basis
- Full current driving licence
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Trained in Health & Safety, i.e. NEBOSH, IOSH, First Aid etc.
- Member of relevant healthcare or engineering institutes, i.e. IHEEM, HEFMA, CIBSE, IET, CIOB etc.
- Experience across several of the HTM's acting as either a CP or AP.
- Efficiency improvement training, i.e. Lean / Six Sigma
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Experience in working in a similar role.
- Previous experience of working with a quality
- Knowledge/ experience of management system (e.g. ISO 9001)
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
John Radcliffe Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.