An exciting, permanent position has become available for a Deputy Associate Director of Operations within the Women's and Children's Care Group within the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay. We are therefore seeking a highly driven, enthusiastic, committed and compassionate individual to join our senior team.
The role is part of the Care groups operational leadership team, which is responsible for the implementation of our services new vision and strategic objectives. The services have just developed their long term plans to transform services to meet the needs of our local population. We are seeking someone with operational experience across different services to work with the team to implement our transformational plans. In partnership with the Deputy Associate Director of Nursing for Children's and Young People, our Heads of Midwifery and our Clinical leads you will be responsible for the operational management for the clinical services within the Care Group, to ensure the provision of efficient, high quality services.
This post would also be attractive to individuals looking for either full or part-time employment, working for an organisation who actively promotes a healthy work and home life balance.
If you feel you have the right skills for this role, we want to hear from you.Main duties of the job
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for the overall patient care and performance throughout the Women and Children's Care group This includes elective, day case, theatre, maternity and out-patient areas and community services.
- Have responsibility for line managing the team of service managers in WACS, ensuring effective triumvirate working within the service lines (clinical business units) and ensuring delivery of optimal operational performance standards for WACS care group
- Be responsible for the development and co- ordination of performance and business management systems and processes to ensure comprehensive service performance, monitoring and development.
- Help ensure that the services are performing to the latest best practice guidance supporting continual service improvement and best clinical practice.
- Be responsible for a range of cross Care group service development and improvement projects.
- Deputise for a range of duties performed by the Associate Director of Operations.
Whilst the post indicates Royal Lancaster Infirmary as the base for this post we would also welcome application of individuals who would like their base to be one of our other main hospital sites in Kendal and Barrow-in-Furness, hybrid working is also considered.About us
We operate from three main hospitals - Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well as a number of community healthcare premises including Millom Hospital and GP Practice, Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe, and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
FGH and the RLI have a range of General Hospital services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and various Consultant-led services.
WGH provides a range of General Hospital services, together with an Urgent Treatment Centre, that can help with a range of non-life-threatening conditions such as broken bones and minor illnesses.
All three main hospitals provide a range of planned care including outpatients, diagnostics, therapies, day case and inpatient surgery. In addition, a range of local outreach services and diagnostics are provided from community facilities across Morecambe Bay.
Our community services for adults are provided in people's homes, community centres, clinics, GP Practices, community hospitals and our main hospitals. Our aim is to work with people to help them remain independent, improve their health and manage their conditions through high quality care, advice and support.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay visiting our websitehttps://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Masters qualification in management / leadership
- Project Management qualification
- Evidence of maintaining relevant continuing Professional Development
- Proven operational and performance management experience in complex organisation/ system
- Evidence of leading transformational change
- Experience of staff performance management and staff development
- Evidence of flexible and adaptive working to needs of the service
- Experience of managing multiple complex fiscal responsibilities across multiple services
- Experience of using service improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of and experienced in successful delivery of key performance metrics
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, innovative and flexible
- Good communication skills written and verbal
- Ability to cope with varied and unpredictable work load and respond to changing demands and priorities
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS TrustAddress
Royal Lancaster Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.