Interviews will take place on Wednesday 29th November.
Do you aspire to provide high quality nursing care to respiratory patients?
If so Ward 34 is looking for Band 5 Registered Nurses to join our team.
Ward 34 is a 30 bedded acute medical ward, specialising in the care of patients with respiratory conditions. The ward can be an extremely busy and challenging environment however it is a friendly, supportive place to work and we are proud of our team and of the standards of care we deliver.
Ward 34 provides an acute Non-Invasive Ventilation (NIV) service which incorporates capacity for two patients receiving level 2 NIV alongside patients weaning from NIV and a dedicated NIV outreach team. Chest drain management is also specific to the Ward and the team are highly trained to deliver oxygen therapy.
Some commonly encountered acute and chronic conditions that are treated on the ward are COPD, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, bronchiectasis, lung cancer, pleural conditions, type 1 respiratory failure and type 2 respiratory failure.
You will be provided bespoke training and ongoing supervision to develop knowledge and skills in respiratory medicine and we are keen to support all aspects of individual's personal development. Respiratory experience is not essential however applicants must have a genuine interest in the speciality and be committed to delivering high quality, safe and effective patient care.Main duties of the job
Thisdescription indicates the main functions and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended to be a complete list. It will be amended as necessary in the event of future changes.About us
- Maintain a high standard of patient focused care in accordance with York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Provide assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for patients, ensuring accurate written records are kept.
- Communicate with patients and carers to ensure they have access to appropriate information.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships between all staff involved in the care of the patient
- Act in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct
- Undertake duties on different wards/departments as and when required by service demands
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for compliance with infection control policies and procedures
- Education and Training
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description
We also offer a number of other benefits for our Band 5 Staff Nurses which include the following:
- Refer a Friend - You will receive a �250 payment if you refer a nurse to us who subsequently takes up employment in our Trust (paid after the new starter completes 4-months in post).
- Pre-registered Nurses will be paid Band 5 pending their pin
We are proud to offer our Multi-Professional Preceptorship Programme to all newly registered practitioners. This is a wonderful opportunity to welcome you into your new teams and our Trust, providing you with support and guidance as you develop in confidence and competence whilst transitioning from student to autonomous professional.
Preceptorship lasts 12 months and you will be assigned a preceptee who will support coach, mentor and guide you through regular meetings, along side a programme of structured learning
For more information please see the documents attached or contact the Preceptorship team yhs-tr.preceptorship.nhs.net Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: email@example.com.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable
- Respiratory qualification/course
- Previous respiratory experience
- Good written & verbal skills
- Able to prioritise own workload
- Time management skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible, adaptable
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.