Community Mental Health Nurse - Band 6 Full-Time 37.5 hours per week South Warwickshire Memory Assessment and Community Dementia Service Based across South Warwickshire
Do you want to be part of a supportive, forward thinking, positive and dynamic memory assessment and community dementia team?
We have a vacancy for a Community Mental Health Nurse, who would like to join our large team that works across south Warwickshire. The team carry's out memory assessment to identify if individuals have a diagnosis of dementia and supports people with an existing diagnosis of dementia where they may need support. We are based at both Stratford Healthcare and Yew Tree House, Leamington Spa.
You will receive regular support and supervision from the Management and Leadership team. Ensuring that staff are well supported is important in our team. We also welcome opportunities for staff to develop and this will be discussed throughout your time with the team. We encourage staff to utilise their own initiative in order to aid their own development.Main duties of the job
Provide specialist memory assessment, pre and post diagnostic support and post diagnostic interventions
For those who meet the criteria for prescription of cognitive enhancers you will titrate the medication to the therapeutic dose
Provide an assessment and treatment/intervention plan to clients who have an existing diagnosis of dementia with complex presentations.
Signposting the individual and/or their carer/family members to appropriate resources in the community
Education of client and carer
Participating in group work
Positive Risk taking
Most importantly involve and empower both the individual and/or their carer to make decisions about their care and treatment now and for the future For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.About us
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT), we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
We put 'people at our heart' this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others and offer a wide range of benefits and development opportunities.
- generous annual leave entitlement which increases during your time with us
- excellent learning and development opportunities, including apprenticeship frameworks, distance learning, internal training, coaching and mentoring, and much more
- salary sacrifice schemes for lease car/ vehicle, Cycle to Work, home and electronics, gym membership and more
- discounts with a range of retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues through our Employee Assistance Programme and NHS discount schemes
- wellbeing support, including an in-house counselling service, external helpline and more
- staff networks and support groups
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and wellbeing of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be a Registered Mental Health Nurse with post registration experience
You will have experience of working with and conducting assessments with individuals with a diagnosis of dementia or recent experience of working with older adults and conducting comprehensive assessments
You will also have a good basic clinical knowledge of anti-cholinesterase medication.
To be a motivated and dynamic individual who has a commitment to the positive development of this service whose aim is to support people to live well with dementia.Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLSEssential
- Relevant Professional Qualification ie. RMN, DipCOT
- Current unrestricted registration with HCPC/NMC
- Specialist knowledge across a range of procedures and theory
- Professional knowledge acquired through degree/ diploma
- Relevant training and experience specialist short courses
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Excellent written communication skills
OTHEREssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Substantial experience in a Community Mental health care setting
- Developed specialist knowledge gained within a similar environment over a considerable period of time
- Significant experience of undertaking assessment, formulation, risk assessment and positive risk management
- Experience of safeguarding and investigations
- Proven experience of people management
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.