An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our dynamic and innovative Therapy leadership team as Therapy Service Lead for the Dietetic and Speech & Language Therapy teams. The role fits within our supportive, flexible team who also manage Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Prosthetics and Orthotics within the acute Trust. We work together to champion therapy professional groups, promoting their unique contributions as well as recognising opportunities to work collaboratively on service improvement.
Working for the merged Bedfordshire Hospitals Trust offers the chance to help shape services that are rapidly evolving and by working with Professional Leads at Bedford Hospital drive services forward to meet future demand and modernisation.
The Therapy Service Lead upholds Trust values and role models high standards of behaviour and compassionate leadership in supporting staff within their service lines to reach their full potential. The role involves operationally leading the Dietetic and Speech & Language Therapy teams ensuring the provision of high quality care to meet agreed quality standards. It is essential this is done within the available resources and requires close working with business partners and senior leaders within the wider Trust.
This role offers a supported, nurturing environment to gain valuable multi-professional leadership skills. Opportunities for training and development are available and supervision and peer learning are integral to the team structure.Main duties of the job
- The Therapy Clinical Service Manager is responsible and accountable for managing all aspects of Therapy delivery within the relevant clinical service lines (CSLs) to agreed quality standards and within the resource and income base of the CSL.
- To be an Allied Health Professional (AHP) leader and role model at all times championing the trusts values and upholding the highest standards of behaviour and compassion for colleagues.
- To be responsible for the smooth and safe day to day running of Therapy Services whilst ensuring that service delivery standards are achieved.
- Work collaboratively with the other Therapy leadership team as well as General Managers, Clinical Leads, Heads of Nursing, and other colleagues to ensure that service delivery and improvement plans are developed, implemented and reviewed.
- Ensure that financial controls are established and maintained.
- Act as a champion for patient safety, operational effectiveness, and quality
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides hospital services to a growing population of around 700,000 people living across Bedfordshire and the surrounding areas across two busy hospital sites in Bedford and Luton. Both hospital sites offer key services such as A& E, Obstetrics-led Maternity and Paediatrics.
You will be joining a friendly, high performing Trust committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of staff. As one of the largest NHS Trusts in our region you will have access to a programme of high quality training and development to help you grow your career.
We have state-of-the art facilities placing us at the heart of cutting edge health care. The Trust continues to be committed to delivering the best patient care using the best clinical knowledge and technology available.
Please note that vacancies may close prior to the advertised closing date when sufficient number of applications have been received. Please ensure that you make your application as soon as possible.
All new staff will be subject to a probationary period covering their first six months in post. Travel between hospital sites may be required.
Please review all documents attached to this advert to ensure you familiarize yourself with all requirements of the job.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please review the attached job description and person specification for more details on all aspects of the role and responsibilities.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Masters level or equivalent relevant training
- Management / leadership qualification
- HCPC registration
- Project management qualification
- Proven experience in management / leadership
- Experience of managing a large / complex team
- Have been involved in business case development
- NHS budget management
- Experience of leading on quality improvement
- Financial procedures and budget setting
- AHP initiatives locally and nationally
- Understanding of change management
- Risk management and governance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Analytical and problem solving skills in a leadership position
- Ability to work independently and make autonomous decisions
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written
- Able to provide and receive highly complex sensitive information and use persuasion, influence and negotiation
- Ability to provide clear concise formal reports
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.