Opportunity has arisen for an experience, qualified restorative Dental Technician GDC registered with ongoing CPD commitment in a small multidisciplinary team at Castle hill hospital.
Supporting restorative consultant and their junior team producing patient specific devices, removable prosthodontics devices, oral defect obturator implant retained removable dentures and diagnostic planning.Main duties of the job
- Provide and receive complex information to and from Restorative Consultant, Dentists in Training and Therapists in respect of the treatment of patients referred from their clinics.
- Provide and receive complex information regarding the design and construction of appliances to and from the multidisciplinary team.
- Assist at chair-side as and when necessary, providing advice to the clinician in the presence of a patient, ensuring communication is in a sympathetic and understanding manner.
- Attend departmental and interdepartmental meetings as required.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately �500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area, extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively
Our vision is Great Staff, Great Care, Great Future, as we believe that by developing an innovative, skilled and caring workforce, we can deliver great care to our patients and a great future for our employees, our Trust and our community.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person SpecificationPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Essential Desirable How Assessed Qualifications Qualified Dental Technician with BSc Degree, BTEC or HNC in Dental Technology
- GDC Registered Dental Technician
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Post Graduate qualification in one or more Dental Speciality e.g. Fixed Prosthodontics, Orthodontics, Maxillofacial Technology
- Experience of working in a Restorative Dental Laboratory
- Expertise in removable conventional prosthodontics, obturators, implant prosthodontics, diagnostic wax ups for full mouth cases
- Experience of providing technical expertise including at chair-side
Skills, Knowledge and AbilityEssential
- Worked in a Dental Hospital Laboratory
- Experience of 3D printing and associated software packages
- Experience of working with an oncology restorative service and treatment pathway
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of dental material, use of biocompatible materials, chemistry and toxicology as applied to Restorative/prosthodontic rehabilitation
- Ability to design and construct advanced fixed and removable prosthodontic, non routine devices for restorative implantology
- Have a high degree of precision and dexterity
- Able to analyse and discuss treatment plans
- Able to problem solve and work unsupervised using own judgement
- Experience of other dental technology e.g. Orthodontics
- Able to work effectively either independently or in a team
- Able to work under pressure and manage time effectively
Employer detailsEmployer name
- IT skills for database entry
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Castle Hill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.