Are you a dynamic, energetic nurse who thrives on working within a diverse and challenging environment?
If so you might be the person we are looking for . .
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic ward manager to join our dedicated team on Twymyn Ward, Machynlleth Hospital.
You will need skills to provide excellent clinical and managerial leadership to the ward team, working closely with the multi-disciplinary team, primary care team, patients, carer's and families to deliver a high quality service.
You will need to be highly motivated, passionate about patient care and able to develop and inspire your team members. The team takes pride in delivering excellent care and is looking for a manager who will drive forward their ambition of continually improving standards of care. Our patients have told us they are looking for a ward manager who will continually improve their inpatient experience and will speak out to ensure they achieve the best outcome at discharge.
This could be an exciting development opportunity for an experienced nurse to further develop his or her leadership skills in a Community Hospital setting.
We are keen to support staff in their development and work as a close Multi Professional Team to achieve our goals for patients. If you are motivated and seeking a challenge we are looking forward to meeting you.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
The Ward Manager will lead a team of Registered Nurses and Health CareSupport Workers in their deployment in the delivery of clinically effectivenursing care. The post holder will be responsible for the pro-active casemanagement of patients as part of the multi-disciplinary team within theirclinical area of responsibility.
This post holder will be accountable to the Health Board (via the NurseDirector) and the Nursing and Midwifery council (NMC) to provide safe, high quality care to patients by implementation of policies/ standards and guidance produced both national and locally, these will include from NMC, Welsh Government, Powys Teaching Health Board, and others.About us
Being the smallest Heath Board in Wales means that you won't get lost in the crowd. Everybody at Powys Teaching Health Board is valued for the contribution they make to our varied and diverse portfolio of community-based services. Together, we can continue to make a real difference to our patients and build on our unrivalled reputation.
As a supportive and progressive employer, we actively encourage you to carve out a career with us, through a range of development pathways. We're also lucky enough to be situated in one of the most beautiful rural counties in Britain, let alone Wales! Achieving a healthy 'life work' balance is essential, and something we recognise by prioritising your well-being.
To start your journey with us, and to learn more about what we can offer you please visit: https://pthb.nhs.wales/working-for-us/. There you will find information about our benefits and values, read staff experiences and more about what our beautiful county has to offer. The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to applyJob descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- Live registration with the NMC as Registered Nurse
- Degree in Nursing or other health related subject or equivalent degree level relevant experience
- Management/Leadership qualification or equivalent preparation
- Knowledge of current Nursing issues within NHS care systems
- High level of knowledge of NMC code of conduct and professional standards/guidance
- Experience at management level demonstrating ability to deliver improvements to service users care through implementing change
- Proven ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to demonstrate the values and behaviours in line with the Health Board
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- Resilience and stamina
- Confident professional appearance
- Ability to travel within role between sites in a timely manner
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to use computer systems to a well developed level (email, word processing, spreadsheets)
- Significant clinical experience in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for the patient group of the ward.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Effective multi agency team player, including the ability to engage positively with carers
- Ability to implement change effectively
- Ability to critically review concerns (incidents, complaints etc), to draw reasoned conclusions and write a clear report
- Demonstrate ability and track record of acting with care, compassion, promoting dignity and respect, role modelling the highest stand of professionalism
- Ability to motivate, enthuse and encourage innovation within the team through effective communication skills
- Proven ability to work in complex situations with many differing partners
Powys Teaching Health BoardAddress
Bro Ddyfi Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.