***Please note we are only able to accept applications from those with a live NMC registration or UK nursing students awaiting their PIN as we are unable to support OSCE at this time***
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Emergency Department for a full or part-time Band 6 Deputy Sister/Deputy Charge Nurse to join our team. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated individual who is passionate about delivering high quality emergency care in a fast paced environment.
As a Band 6 Deputy Sister/Deputy Charge Nurse in the Emergency Department your role is pivotal as a proficient role model and clinical expert working alongside the Senior Nursing Team and Matron/Lead Nurse.
You will need:
Main duties of the job
- Emergency or acute nursing experience at AFC Bands 5 or 6 with proficiency in the relevant skills appropriate to emergency care.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- To be a good communicator.
- Be willing to drive innovative practice within an emergency care setting.
To act as clinical leader for the duration of a shift to provide the highest quality care required to support each patient in their care pathway, whilst improving the patient experience, maintaining clinical credibility and disseminating knowledge.
To communicate effectively with the ED team, clinical teams, Lead Nurse, Matrons, Practice Development Team (PDT) and the multidisciplinary team.About us
We are committed to ensure a work-life balance to all our staff by offering full time and part time roles, flexible working hours on a shift pattern to fit around your family life.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates form our local communities. Benefits to you:
27 days annual leave for new starters, rising to 29 days after five years of service and 33 days after 10 years of service, plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff)
NHS Pension Scheme:
Flexible working opportunities
Increased hourly rates for unsociable hours e.g. night shifts, weekends, bank holidays
Career development and training
Wellbeing support and activities
In-house physiotherapy Service
On-site canteens with subsidised meals
Subsidised staff parking (currently free).
Free Stagecoach Bus Travel to and from work within Cambridgeshire and PeterboroughJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please review the attached job description for further information related to the main responsibilities.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current NMC registration / HCPC paramedic registration
- 3 years post reg experience
- PILS/ILS (or equivalent if paramedic applicant)
- Experience of mentorship / assessing students or providing preceptorship
- Link Nurse Role / special interest or experience
- Further study post registration
- Participation in a change management project
- Significant ED experience or equivalent (acute setting, MAU, AAU, ITU) 2 Years.
- Sufficient experience in caring for acutely unwell patients
- Practical teaching experience formally or informally
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Experience of area coordination / leadership in an acute care setting
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Peterborough City Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.