Do you have a background in Estate Management?
Are you looking for a role with autonomy, variety, flexibility, and the ability to make change happen?
WWL has a vast, dispersed estate across Wigan Borough which covers an area of 77 square miles. The estate includes 3 hospitals, over 20 community clinics, an Urgent Treatment Centre, a large out-patients centre, libraries, retail units, training centres and offices. The Community Estate alone has a NIA of 145,152m.
Due to the retirement of the current post holder, we have a vacancy for an experienced Community Estate Manager with a proven track record in managing a diverse estate, spread across multiple locations. You will require dedication, drive and ambition to ensure the community estate continues to offer safe, well maintained, welcoming spaces for our patients, visitors and staff.
The successful candidate will be professionally and technically responsible for all community freehold and leasehold estate and as the main contact for all Contractors attending WWL sites, you will be required to check and sign off their work.
You will need the appropriate driving licence and access to a vehicle to undertake this role.
This role comes with excellent NHS Terms and conditions which include a generous holiday entitlement, flexible working and an attractive pension scheme.
For further information please contact Jude Murphy, Head of Business and Community Estate on 07770 620763 or email. Jude.email@example.comMain duties of the job
A large part of the role is administration, with the main duties including:
- keeping detailed records of all repairs and maintenance.
- retaining a database of evidence to demonstrate statutory compliance for all community sites.
- producing annual return information for ERIC and PLACE.
- raising purchase orders.
- processing invoices.
- monitoring spend from a �7.5m budget.
- ensuring lease costs are correct and paid in a timely fashion.
- Contract monitoring.
- Chairing and attending Building User Group meetings.
- Liaison with WWL tenants.
In addition, you will become fully acquainted with all Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh sites, including 3 hospitals to enable you to manage requests for work space and provide suitable solutions.About usChoose Well - Choose WWL
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust are the proud providers of acute hospital and community services to the people of the Wigan Borough and surrounding areas. At WWL, we value our staff believing that 'happy staff, makes for happy patients'. We have a recognised track record in staff engagement, and living our values 'the WWL Way'.
WWL are committed to placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, and in the provision of safe, effective care that acknowledges and ensures dignity. With this in mind we are seeking to recruit people who share our values and beliefs.
Please note that senior positions (AFC band 8A or above) may be expected to participate in an on-call rota, if the role is predominantly operational.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities Key results from the job holder
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring the safe and efficient working of the Trusts community premises as an Operational Estates Manager.
- Responsible for managing and monitoring repairs, maintenance and minor works activities at all community premises locations utilised by Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring compliance with all statutory requirements and mandatory requirements relating to the Trusts community premises.
- Responsible for ensuring statutory, mandatory and regulatory compliance with relevant CQC outcomes and maintaining suitable evidence (so as to provide assurances) of such compliance relating to the Trusts community premises.
- Responsible for the management and monitoring of associated budget(s) utilising the Trusts Devolved Financial Management (DFM) system and complying with the Trusts Standing Financial Orders relating to the use of community premises.
- The post holder will liaise with the Capital Projects Team and / or external service providers on developments relating to the Trusts community premises.
- The post holder will be work to improve energy utilisation across the Community Estate.
- Work closely with the Sustainability Team to ensure compliance with statutory regulations and mandatory requirements in relation to energy usage and environment plans relating to the Community Estate.
- The post holder will liaise with the Sustainability Team and Capital Projects Team and / or external service providers in relation to energy and environment issues affecting the Community Estate.
Planning and Organisational Duties
- The post holder will be responsible for the monitoring, allocation and reporting of office and clinical space to all teams across the whole Trust, including hospitals.
- The post holder will be expected to utilise highly developed and specialised knowledge across a broad range of work procedures and practices underpinned by theoretical knowledge and relevant practical experience.
- Responsibility for the short, medium and long term planning of a broad range of complex Operational Estates activities and programmes relating to the Trusts community premises.
- Responsible for collating and providing relevant ERIC data required for end of year returns to the DoH relating to the Trusts community premises.
- The post holder will be an active member of the local PLACE team and will be responsible for the implementation of estates related annual PLACE inspections and action plan / improvement programmes relating to the Trusts community premises.
- The post holder will be expected to manage and monitor the lift specialist provider(s) regarding the Trusts community premises.
- Responsible for local management of the Permit to Work procedures and issuing such permits relating to the Trusts community premises.
- The post holder will be the nominated pest control officer for Wrightington Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust community premises (including any relevant SLA arrangements).
Communications and Key Working Relationships
- The post holder will have specific liaison responsibilities relating to the safe and efficient delivery of the Trusts (Community Premises) Estates Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and any future SLA(s) that may be brought into place.
- The post holder will be expected to have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively engage with others across various levels within the WWL organisation and with associated service providers.
- Responsible for the supervision and monitoring of Estates activities across the Trusts Community premises.
- Responsible for the supervision and control of Operational Estates external contracts including monitoring the performance of contractors (response times, work quality, materials quality, preparation, submission of claims and the submission of documentation etc.) relating to the Trusts community premises.
- The post holder will be responsible for liaising and communicating effectively with senior management, Estates colleagues and wider Trust colleagues such as Infection Prevention & Control etc. in connection with Operational Estates matters including service provision, major capital developments, capital programmes and minor works etc. in relation to the Trusts community premises.
- The Post holder will produce and monitor annual maintenance programmes, estate appraisal survey reports and estate control plans etc. for the Trusts community premises.
- The Post holder will ensure that records are maintained for the department which will include (but not limited to) up to date floorplans of buildings, drawings for existing equipment and newly installed equipment, all maintenance manuals for installations, technical library contents, preventative planned maintenance manuals, service contractor schedules, insurance schedules, staff personal records, plant, equipment and property data etc. relating to the Trusts community premises.
- The post holder will ensure compliance with hazard notices, DoH CAS and MHRA Alerts and defect and failure reporting in relation to the Trusts community premises.
- The post holder will monitor compliance of contractors in accordance with the SLA or Contract specifications.
- The post holder will prepare technical reports, specifications and tender documents as required.
Responsibility for Finance
- The post holder will manage the allocation of accommodation across the whole Trust. This will involve liaising with staff and managers at all levels to fully understand their needs. You will identify solutions and produce detailed reports to the executive team on progress.
- Responsibility for managing allocated budget(s) utilising the Trusts Devolved Financial Management (DFM) system.
- Responsibility for providing information necessary for the management of monthly claims under the works services contract and for those claims in relation to other agencies under service level agreements.
- Responsible for ensuring that all purchasing procedures are in accordance with the trusts standing orders and standing financial instructions.
- The post holder will be responsible for the signing of purchase orders to a value of �1,000.00 including VAT for purchases and minor works orders.
Responsibility for Human Resources
- The post holder will be responsible for signing off all invoices for minor works orders and monitor those orders for the purchase of items and equipment within the community estate.
- The post holder will be responsible for identifying and contributing towards the training needs of staff and trainees / apprentices where applicable.
- The post holder will be required to use tact and diplomacy in dealing with a multi skilled workforce and service providers especially in the management of the Trusts absence policy and other policies that may affect the employees lifestyle.
- The post holder will be required to be an empathetic first face to face contact with members of staff who have health / personal / family / workplace related problems.
- The post holder will be empathic when dealing with staff and their problems in achieving deadlines set by Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the service level agreements managed by the Trust.
- The post holder will undertake fact finding, grievance and investigation exercises in accordance with the Trust's relevant procedures.
Responsibility for Health & Safety
- The post holder will manage and monitor services provided to the Trusts community premises by external service providers.
- Compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 the post holder is required to fulfil a proactive role towards the management of risk in all of their actions.
- This entails the risk assessment of all situations, the taking of appropriate actions and reporting of all incidents, near misses and hazards, and a statutory duty of care for their own personal safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Responsibility for Teaching
- The post holder will be responsible for Departmental compliance with all relevant Trust Policies and Procedures including the Trust Code of Conduct.
Work Circumstances & on-call
- The post holder will be required to support and pass on relevant knowledge to less experienced colleagues (such as the wider community team, trainees and apprentices etc).
- The post is a Trust wide (community premises) position and as you will be working across the whole estate, you will require transport to undertake your duties.
- Your base will be in a Community building of your choice which has the required space available.
- The post holder will be required to work such hours as are required (at the direction of the Director of Estates of Facilities) to ensure the needs of the service are satisfied.
- The post holder will carry out such other duties as required (at the direction of the Director of Estates of Facilities) to fulfil the requirements of the service.
- The post holder may be required to support the Operational Estates (Emergency) on-call rota arrangements. Whilst on-call the post holder will be required to return to site to deal with any situation within 30 minutes of the call being made.
- Whilst performing (Emergency) on-call duties, the post holder will be required to make independent decisions on engineering and / or building matters so as to maintain a safe and effective service.
- A degree or equivalent (ideally in a related subject), with extensive specialist knowledge of property management underpinned through theory and practice Those working towards the above qualification or those with suitable community Estates experience at an appropriate level will be considered for the po
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.