We are excited to be welcoming new applications from Clinical Psychologists looking to join our Trust's bank team and support our mental health services across Somerset.
This post will be attractive to applicants with the desire and ability to provide quality care to patients through supporting our broad range of psychological services. Your unique specialities and skill set will be considered alongside the Trust's needs when allocating shifts to provide the best care possible.Main duties of the job
In this role you will aid in the delivery and management of our various services, ensuring that they meet national guidance and local key performance indicators. This will involve sharingresponsibility for the day-to-day functioning of the team to ensure a high level of care is offered consistently.
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to psychological aspects of policy development within the area you are allocated.About us
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, and not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
We work hard to make sure that inclusion is part of everything we do. We know that true inclusion means we're able to provide the best care for our patients and provide a fulfilling career for all our colleagues.
We have six active and impactful colleague networks. These networks provide a safe space for colleagues to share their experiences and learn from one another, but also influence change across our trust:
- Multicultural Network
- Women's Network
- Armed Forces' Network
- LGBTQ+ Network
- Lived Experience Network, for colleagues living with disabilities
- Autistic Colleague Network
We offer a form of weekly pay via Wagestream. Bank Pay is an easy way to automatically get paid a percentage of the money you've already earned from any bank shifts completed the previous week. It means you don't have to wait until the end of the month for your bank shift pay, giving you more flexibility.
Don't worry - the remaining portion of your pay is set aside to make sure your tax contributions are paid in full and if your tax contributions amount to less than the money set aside you'll receive it all back at the end of each month.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached JD for an example of one area of work and person specification, other job descriptions can be made available on request. This role will be either band 7 or 8a dependent on experience.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Doctorate Clinical Psychology Qualification or equivalent
- Eligible for chartered clinical psychology status
- Valid professional registration with HCPC
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Clinical supervision experience and training
Skills and abilitieEssential
- Competence in core psychological assessment, formulation and intervention skills
- Experience of working across settings and agencies
- Competent in assessment and management of risk
- Advances psychological/ neuropsychological assessment and formulation skills
- Doctorate level knowledge of research and design data analysis
- Highly developed in depth knowledge of specialist therapeutic interventions underpinned by comprehensive theoretical knowledge
- Ability to communicate technical and clinically sensitive information to patients who maybe presenting in distress
- Exceptional interpersonal skills demonstrating compassion, empathy and an ability to remain calm in challenging situations
- Advanced use of judgement and analytic skills in interpreting overall health service policy and strategy
- Service Development/ Project work
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Have a passion for working with patients and a commitment to involve them in their care and treatment
- To be open minded and treat colleagues, patients, carers and relatives with dignity and respect
- Be an effective team player with good leaderships, communication and to work with and 'hold' the stress of others
- Be self aware and have emotional resilience given there will be exposure to highly emotional and distress in others
- To be intuitive and caring and support equality and diversity
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.