**1 x Fixed Term contract/secondment opportunity for up to 12 months** *Internal applicants who wish to be considered for a secondment opportunity should discuss with their line manager the suitability of a possible secondment*
We are excited to have a vacancy for an Oliver McGowan Training, Facilitating Trainer and are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic professional to join our team based within the Trust's wider Learning and Development Team.
This is an important role where the post holder will deliver new learning disability and autism training, known as Oliver McGowan Mandatory Training, to people who work in health and social care across Gloucestershire. You will ideally have an in-depth understanding of learning disability and autism and are likely to have some experience of training delivery. You will be leading and supporting our co-trainers who are experts with lived experience in autism and learning disability. By training our Trust's workforce, you will be instrumental in promoting social inclusion and reducing inequalities in healthcare.Main duties of the job
- Co-produce and co-deliver training activity, working effectively with service users and carers in the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of training and education activities.
- Help to ensure the effective organisation of training activity which may include booking training dates and venues devising and/or following training booking and recording processes and procedures recording attendance and updating training records in line with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Develop and deliver training to a wide range of disciplines and agencies.
- Be confident using technologies (including a range of Microsoft packages) to deliver training and communicate with colleagues including use of one or more a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Identify and liaise effectively with a variety of voluntary, private and other statutory organisations
- Ensure that effective systems of evaluation are in place and quality assurance maintained and continually developed.
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Our Staff Survey results showed people at our Trust feel they are engaged, part of a team and work for a compassionate and inclusive organisation.
Our overall scores were better than average in eight of nine themes and level in one - the best overall results for a community, mental health and learning disabilities Trust in the south west and first equal amongst all sector NHS providers within the region too.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Gloucestershire Health and Care is committed to embedding and providing personalised care through all of its services as part of our high-quality care strategy. The purpose of personalised care is to empower people to lead the lives they want to live. Personalised care starts with a conversation with people about what matters to them. It builds on what people can do, as well as addressing their health needs. Including new ways of working and delivering care, emphasising that we need to make effective use of the full range of our peoples skills and experience to deliver the best possible patient care. So we want to know What Matters to You and that you will share our values and join us on this very important journey. The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Length & /or Nature of ExperienceEssential
- Educated to degree level or can demonstrate equivalent experience
- Experience of ongoing continuing professional development
Professional/Managerial Specialist KnowledgeEssential
- Robust experience, understanding and application of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Mental Health Act within in a health and/or social care environment or similar
- Robust experience and understanding of the Human Rights Act 1998, the Autism Act 2009, The Equality Act 2010, Safeguarding requirements UK Legal Valid Consent Laws and DNACPR Case Law
- Experience delivering high quality services to people with a learning disability and autistic people in a professional role, e.g. registered nurse in learning disability, occupational therapist or social worker, or can demonstrate an equivalent level of skills, knowledge and experience
- Up-to-date working knowledge of the fields of autism and learning disability and is familiar with current issues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Proven ability to deliver a wide range of highly effective training and learning interventions to a wide variety of health and/or social care audiences
- Excellent presentation skills
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The NHS Training Hub, Invista
Ermin Street, Brockworth
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.